ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got my new US MP2  (Read 5157 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Got my new US MP2
« on: Time Format »

Well I just got my new(ish) MP2 which I bought from WAR_in_D, so it's a US model and I can't test it till my step down transformer arrives (hopefully tomorrow), so more later..  I must say however, WAR_in_D is great to do business with.  He packed this so well, I was amazed, everything nice (looks almost as new), so well packed, came FedEx very quick.
@WAR_in_D thanks my friend  :thumb-up: , no physical damage, and looks good inside (I took the lid off).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Got my new US MP2
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well step down tranny arrived so fired it up and programmed my 3 current go to MP2 patches, all works well and sounds great. :thumb-up:

Does anyone one know where I can get the heat resistant foam/rubber tube spacers for it ? WinD said the ones he had were all sticky etc so I think he chucked them.
I'm also wondering if I really need them, the 2 reasons I can think of for them being in MP2s is a bit of shock mount for transport, and maybe they help reduce microphonics at high gain.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Well step down tranny arrived so fired it up and programmed my 3 current go to MP2 patches, all works well and sounds great. :thumb-up:

Does anyone one know where I can get the heat resistant foam/rubber tube spacers for it ? WinD said the ones he had were all sticky etc so I think he chucked them.
I'm also wondering if I really need them, the 2 reasons I can think of for them being in MP2s is a bit of shock mount for transport, and maybe they help reduce microphonics at high gain.

Imho there's no need for them at all. The tubes hardly rattle against each other, even if you put the rack on top of a 1x15 running at pedal-to-the-metal ;)
If it gives you comfort nevertheless, check these out (but defo snake-oil imho):
http://www.ebay.de/itm/4-Silikon-Ringe-Rohre-ECC88-ECC83-12AX7-12AU7-12AT7-12BH7-Gegen-Rumpeln-/361306360740?hash=item541f898ba4:g:FLcAAOxy0QBSRPBb

http://www.amazon.com/Brick-Damper-Silicone-Rings-Gasket/dp/B008IDAJHU/ref=pd_cp_267_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=01GG3N5M6D0S5TMWEBXA
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey SC, yeah I was wondering why ??. And for now this unit is staying in the studio rig as I don't plan to lug a step down tranny to jams. Though I may steal/swap trannys with another MP2 so I can take it out  >:D It has a lovely character (having 4 MP2s is interesting to compare, they are all quite different (subtlety)) but I need to spend some more time with (playing) it.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey R

I have some lying around.

DorsetRatt

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Apologies Richard I must have missed this topic ... congratulations on the new MP-2 :thumb-up:

I knew Oz had a population explosion with cute little bunny rabbits, but it now seems the MP-2s are breeding as well :amaze:

Just how big is this step-down transformer? You can get diddy little ones ...
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey R

I have some lying around.
Hey MJMP, cool   :thumb-up: could you send me some, as many as you can spare, I need at least 3 but good to have some spares. BTW what's you view on if they add any value ? I don't imagine ADA would have used them for no reason ?
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Apologies Richard I must have missed this topic ... congratulations on the new MP-2 :thumb-up:

I knew Oz had a population explosion with cute little bunny rabbits, but it now seems the MP-2s are breeding as well :amaze:

Just how big is this step-down transformer? You can get diddy little ones ...
Thanks DR  :wave: , and I like it allot  :thumb-up: . The rabbit population goes up and down, mostly up, saw 10 in 5 minutes yesterday up at Red Hill lookout (you can probably google that LoL), and one Kangaroo (my New Zealand friend had never seen a wild kangaroo before), but there's thousands of kangaroo around Canberra (bush capital), unfortunately they aren't the "sharpest tools in the shed" and quite a few end up hit by cars. Volvo are trialing their animal avoidance radar camera system here at the moment trying to adjust it for how unpredictable kangaroos are.
The step down tranny isn't huge (155 x 90 x 175 mm) and only one outlet (250 VA), but as with all transformers (that aren't switching types) it's a brick and I don't want it anywhere near my live rig, it's already heavy enough. But I do want to take this MP2 for a loud and live so I'll either bight the bullet and take the extra weight or swap the tranny with one from another MP2. Meanwhile I'll talk to a custom tranny place in Sydney about making a 240 v version for me.

WAR_in_D

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Sorry Richard, coming in late to this..   It was an absolute pleasure doing business with you, and your generosity was very much appreciated.  I'm really glad to see the MP2 went to a good home, and I hope it rocks for you for many years to come.

Thanks again for everything!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey WinD, no worries my friend, and I'd now recommend Fedex (your employer ?), was all to easy, and man you packed it so well  :thumb-up: , and I could go on line and let them know my delivery preference. And it arrived very quickly.
Yeah liking it allot, used it on Friday jamming with MikeB, it gave a very good account of itself so all smiles here  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up