ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Tale of 4 Guitars  (Read 3291 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
A Tale of 4 Guitars
« on: Time Format »

Last count I have 9 guitars but tonight (coz it's xmas), I decided to play my top 4 electrics unplugged (just to say hi and directly compare feel/setup/resonance).
So started with Epiphone SG, (neck shaved V ish, Gibson 57 re-issues (not that they came into play), refret, grover heads, wider gotoh bridge, DR 10-52s: Mmmm Needs a setup, although played fine, a bit buzzy and lack of body on SG lacked zing (I'll give it a setup tomorrow).
All the others have DR 10-46
Next new JPP LP, to compare with SG.. what a guitar, it's going great, really hear the difference in the thickness of the body and the maple top is really crisp and bright. This is a dream guitar...Cant stop playing it...
Next my profile tele, very heavy guitar, fully floating Floyd, new brass sustain block added recently to schaller Floyd and I shimmed the Floyd saddles as tele smaller neck radius, sang very nicely, a joy to play (a very old friend).
Last the Anderson Pro Am "Super Strat", basswood body, beautiful guitar, so lovely to play, acoustically, the best balanced....

Anyway, I know many of us have multiple guitars, if your like me I generally play one or 2, the others tend to sleep in their case, so maybe give them a run ?? Just to say hi  :wave:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

gtmm

Re: A Tale of 4 Guitars
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Sounds like a great way to spend the night!!

I started dusting of some of my other guitars last week also. I pulled out my Gibson '38 L50 and '47 L7 to see how they have fared after being utterly ignored for fifteen years. They still play great! That was so exciting it made me pull out my '67 Melody Maker (SG body style) and the neck and feel was much better than I remembered.

It was like coming home!!

You do a great service to this site, rnolan, and I hope 2015 is excellent for you.

Wishing everyone an Happy New Year!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: A Tale of 4 Guitars
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

And morning, I watched the sun come up LOL, nice to be on leave, I wanted to plug them in but my deaf neighbors have their kids and their kids here for xmas, and they aren't deaf, normally I can get away with it at 4am.
Hey fantastic you got your other friends out  :whoohoo!: (It was like coming home!!) absolutely  :thumb-up: and some nice guitars you have!! Pics ?? details ?? (I'm interested LOL, particularly '67 Melody Maker)

2015 is looking good so far, I'm hoping it will be a good year for all of us and our ADA gear continues to be as reliable as always.
Happy new year, and many thanks to Dante, MJMP and all the great members who all help each other.
So ADAers, dust those guitars off and tell us about it  :thumb-up:

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up