ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Store Employee Story  (Read 5344 times)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Music Store Employee Story
« on: Time Format »

I know we all like to bag on Guitar Center (and mostly rightfully so), but sometimes other music stores besides GC have there share of Fail going on there as well....

So a couple weekends ago I visited my favorite local guitar shop just to browse, window-shop, and generaly kill some time.  It was a nice day and I needed to get some Wind Therapy on the motorcycle anyway before the season ends.  They had a nice used Dunlop Crybaby 535 wah with a very attractive (read: cheap) price on it.  Salesdude comes over and asks if I want to try it out.  "Sure, I'd like that" I said.  My Love/Hate relationship with my Morley Tremonti wah goaded me into checking out alternatives.  So salesdude asks what kind of guitar I want to use.  I didn't care so long as it had humbuckers, and he picked out a pretty nice MIM Fender Fat Strat for me to use.  He took me over to a Supro combo amp (didn't catch which model but it was a single channel amp) and plugged everything in for me and let me go with it. 

No strap.   :facepalm:   Now tell me, just HOW was I supposed to demo a wah pedal while trying to hold a guitar....and on a Clean channel?  I tried to get his attention, but no luck.  I just had to sit there trying to keep the guitar from sliding off my leg and onto the floor (I tried standing too and that was worse) and make stupid little noises because I couldn't actually play anything like that.  I could've just dimed the amp for some kind of useful overdrive sound but after a few minutes of meedling like an eediot I gave up trying to hold the guitar and play at the same time and unplugged everything and shut it down.  I hung the Strat up with a bunch of acoustics, took the pedal up to the counter and paid for it.  I told the guy a strap would've been nice and helpful and he just rolled his eyes.....lol
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Music Store Employee Story
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

LOL!

I have a new leather strap that needs breakin' in, you can take that next time  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Well you ended up with a new wah pedal ,new gear is always nice  ;D

BTW which 535 model is it? Is it the 9V or the 18V version?

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

It's the older 9v crybaby 535.  Not the crybaby 535q.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

That employee guy was a complete fuckng ass wipe!

People don't seem to give a shit these days.

Yeah least you got new gear.  Hope you don't have to bring it back since you didn't get to try it in the store.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Ah I didn't know there was a 535 (without the q),what's the difference between them?

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Ah I didn't know there was a 535 (without the q),what's the difference between them?

Not sure, but new thread HERE.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Ok let's compare them in the new topic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up