Miscellaneous > Recording - Studio Talk

New Music Video and Single

(1/9) > >>

rabidgerry:
Just thought I'd stick this song on here since it's just out yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FtzglbXIcc&feature=youtu.be

Soloist:
Awesome riffs there Gerry! Very catchy hook. Love the breakdown and the solo!
Where did you guys film the video?
Who's kid is that? Someone's from the band?
I was waiting for the kid to find your axe...lol
 :headbanger: :thumb-up:

rabidgerry:
Hey Soloist I really appreciate that.  I know you're a great player so that's a boost for me to have that kind of feedback. (and might I add, everyone on this forum who I have heard are good guitar player, must be an ADA thing :thumb-up:)

Right first off, the kid is not anyone in the bands. He is the son of a friend of the drummers. The wee guy was so well behaved and good mannered, he really impressed me (and yes I hate to say it, but I'm not really into kids).  He was also a bloody natural. Was like he knew how to act.  Made everything easy.  Hardest thing was for us to mime to a song we could not hear properly.  We shot that video in about 5 hours.  We got lucky with the weather big time.  The final bit where the kid is surrounded in sun light, that was absolute luck!!

Second, we filmed it in a ladies extended garden, yes it was like a tiny forest out the back of her house.  Why did she have this?  Years ago her husband used to sell Christmas trees.  So he had this land for the trees.  Then he had to stop for what ever reason and the trees are no longer harvested so they form a very small wood, more like an extended garden though just with a lot of Christmas trees  :lol:

Then the second location was at the shores of Lough Neagh here in N.Ireland (it's huge) not far from the woman's garden.

You know what your idea is a great one  :thumb-up:. That would have been really cool and made the same statement. Kid gets message passed down from the elders to find heavy metal, then stumbles upon an axe and becomes a rock god!! I would not have wanted my guitar buried in those woods though, it's a cool Tokai Custom edition from 1987-88.  Used on that actual recording as well.

I am pleased with everything apart from one bit in the solo I wanted included but was left out.  No biggy  :lol:

Systematic Chaos:
Hey RG,

mucho kudos from me as well! Great riffing and hook-lines and very fitting leads! I really dig that tone of yours....throaty with a nice array of mids and a very distinct vowel-aww-kinda touch! Keep em coming!
Can't wait to put the CD in my Stereo and crank it ;-)

Kim:
That.   WAS F'ing COOL!!!     :bow:

Loved the song, loved the playing, loved the production, loved the video.   :whoohoo!:   Wow.  GREAT JOB RBotN.   Put me down for purchasing the CD.  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version