Miscellaneous > Recording - Studio Talk

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

(1/6) > >>

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Gang,

G.A.S. strikes! I took the plunge and ordered the 18i20 interface, and it came yesterday :whoohoo!:

Now to get it set up and running, and let's see what we can get out of it.  Hopefully soon, I'll be able to post some clips from it.

Harley 8)

rnolan:
Hey Harley, cool, they certainly look the goods  :thumb-up: and IIRC come with a cut back version of protools ?

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Richard,

Yes it does, but it's a bare-bones version of Pro Tools, the same with the version of Ableton you get with it. You have to buy your own DAW. It's alright, because down the road, I may just buy a complete version of Pro Tools to learn how to use it. In the meantime, I'm going to try to get the Cubase DAW going after I get this thing properly configured.
    I ran into a bit of a snag yesterday when I was downloading the drivers. It seems it was trying to install a USB driver that isn't for Windows, but for a Mac, and that won't work in here. I plan to go to the support page and see what kind of help that will be this morning.
   I'll keep updating this as I go along.

Harley 8)

GuitarBuilder:
Nice purchase, Harley!  I've got two of them and I know you're going to love it!

Harley Hexxe:

--- Quote from: GuitarBuilder on February 27, 2017, 06:51:25 AM ---Nice purchase, Harley!  I've got two of them and I know you're going to love it!

--- End quote ---

Hey GB,

Two of them??? Wow, I thought this would be more than enough to get started, with maybe an OctoPre later if I need more.
      Are you using Windows to run yours?

Harley 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version