ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homemade Cabinet  (Read 11794 times)

El Chiguete

Re: Homemade Cabinet
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Has anyone made a 4x12 cab that has a wall separating the bottom 2x12 and the top 2x12 and have the bottom one closed back and the top one open back?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I have old (late 80s/early 90s ???) Mesa 4x12 and Mesa 2x12 built that way.....Humongous in both tone and weight!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Nice cabs the Mesa 2x12 (one sealed one open), not a small box though as as you say got some weight...
Hey El, I had a Yamaha quad box (now owned by MikeB) which I wired stereo and put some cardboard down the middle (I split it left and right, not top bottom), it worked fine/great although not quite as good as 2 ADA split stacks.  I've also got another single split stack which I've wired stereo (less to carry...), but nothing inside to separate the speakers.  I've found it flanges a bit when I set chorus depth 100 rate 0 (a trick I always used with MP1 to get a fattening delay), so I've recently turned off the chorus to get less flange (comb filtering) interaction in the single box.
A pair of 2x12 Mesa cabs (as above) would sound killer...  If you go for open back, the speaker generally needs a stiffer cone as it's got no air suspension (not to mention they spill front and back).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

WickerMan

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Has anyone made a 4x12 cab that has a wall separating the bottom 2x12 and the top 2x12 and have the bottom one closed back and the top one open back?

THD use to have one of those (not sure if they still do), sound great and big. Never did, but would be easy enough to do. I just don't have any use for it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up