ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: N"G"D  (Read 6637 times)

kawai2g4b

N"G"D
« on: Time Format »

Ok, I just got this in today but I'm really anticipating mastering this this when it comes in.  It's a Bunker touch guitar.  Designed to enable guitar and bass playing simultaneously.  After some initial experimenting I am going to hook this up to my MP1 and MB1 and into my B500B and see what happens.  And Peter, i have since found out since I PMed you that the control box has separate bass and guitar outs so my amplification options shifted to a dual setup.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

MikeB

Re: N"G"D
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Wow! That looks outrageous. What do all the switches do?
I'm not sure i can ever imagine mastering an instrument like that.  :dunno:
I don't feel tardy!

kawai2g4b

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Well I will say that I have quite the way to go to come ode to mastering it, but my keyboard background will definitely help.  As for the switches, it's a myriad of on/off, high/low pass filters and pickup switches.  I have to use a builder diagram to begin to even memorize it.  Unfortunately it needs a bit of TLC to get to full playing shape again.  The bass neck, while playable, is badly in need of a setup and I have to tinker with the pickups on the guitar neck to get output to proper levels (there are dip switches for each single pickup pole piece).  This could take some time.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Veryyyyy coooool  8)

:thumb-up:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

THAT looks special wauw !

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Karumbah, so how's it sposed to work ? it looks amasing, nice maple, very cool, looking forward to some audio clips  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kawai2g4b

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Well it's going to take me some time to get audio up.  I still have to adjust to the new technique that this thing commands.  But here is a link to the inventor playing one:

When I get done with it its going to be a funk/r&b instrument.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Wow,nice instrument,but it doesn't look easy to play it,very different from regular bass and guitar playing.But doable with lot's of practice i guess.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: Awesome, Man this is going to sound great through your MP1, MB1. So what tuning is on the guitar bit (bass seemed normal ?), but the MP1 will make that top end sing (actually I think MP2 with Mullard longs plates even better, he was getting very similar tones to what I'm currently using on the top end). I noticed his left (bass hand) tended to stop while he played up top (right hand), bit like learning piano I spose (not as hard as drums though when all 4 limbs (and mouth sometimes) have to be able to do different things at the same time).

kawai2g4b

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Richard, I tried it first through the MP2.  And it turns out the guitar signal prefers my Music Man HD130.  The tapping technique required is not translating well (given minimal tweak time) through the MP2 at the moment but I need to get several things squared away on this instrument before I can really explore its boundaries.  For instance, the guitar neck's intonation is too sharp and the only way to fix it is to shift the neck in its pocket. Likewise, the bass neck needs a shim to make the action reasonable.  After those are sorted and with practice, you'll get a more thorough review on my part.

Also, guitar neck is tuned standard, but knowing me I will mess with that eventually to suit my muse at the moment.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Good luck getting it set up  :thumb-up: , the youtube clip seemed like he had it in an open tuning, which will affect the intonation, may be it's not meant to be in standard tuning ? Would make sense for tapping chords ??  If you bend a 3/8" bit of plain G 90 degrees and insert under the string between string and bridge cylinder things (saddles ?) you may get enough adjustment by rotating slightly ? (anti clockwise ?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up