ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: HAVING SOME "SOUND" ISSUES WITH MY MP-1??  (Read 23189 times)

trader144

Re: HAVING SOME "SOUND" ISSUES WITH MY MP-1??
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

I had hollow fizzy sound issues and found that one of the chorus was not set to zero - fixed it.
Guitars: Malmsteen strat, Fender '62 reissue
Rig: Avid 11 Rack -> ADA MP-1 (stock) ->  ADA Microtube 100 -> ADA split stack

RandallRG

« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Thanks Steve, ok lets abandon the RG returns Idea, it should work but... if it sounds crap...  With the drive levels in your patch, the only other reasons for not enough level going to the return would be MP1 main out being low (which of coarse you need to keep low to not overload the clean input, but you tried cranking the MP1 out up for test) or maybe an impedance mis-match with MP1 outs and RG return or there are issues with the RGs loop.
Ok next test, try guitar > MP1 A out to RG(one of them) clean in and MP1 B out to RG clean in (other one of them), one cab for each RG.  This should sound great (turn chorus depth to 100 and rate to 0.0).  This will probably be the best it's sounded so far. 
Next we'll work out the best place to put the Hush MXR and new digitiser 4.  Initially I'd put the digitiser in the MP1 loop (but then what to do with the digitiser's B output (inverted mix) well we don't have to use it).  The best way to put all this together is with a small stereo mixer (4 or 6 channel) with at least one (preferably more) effects (aux) sends on each channel.
Let me now if above (stereo test) is successful (it should sound great).  Then we'll try some options for the hush, MXR and Digitiser.
BTW your patch looks good, very hi gain, I'd call it a lead sound but since your playing metal, it could be a rhythm sound ;) Another question, what are the eq settings your using on the RGs clean input (typically you would have these as flat as possible (no boost or cut) so the MP1 does the eq) ??
Rich hey man how ya doing? Question...Would it be better to run the D4 through the MP-1 Effects Loop or just Out of my MP-1 to the "Input" of my D4? If I do run it through the Effects Loop would I run it MP-1 "Send" to D4 "Input" & MP-1 "Receive" to D4 "Output"? Leave the MP-1 "Output" alone & to the Front "Input" of my Randall? Thanks for any info Dude!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, I posted some of this on the other thread, best in the MP1 loop and turn the D4 wet-dry mix to full wet (full effect no dry sound) and use the MP1 return mix levels to get the right balance between wet and dry for the patch (you can adjust it for each patch then).  If you ran it after the MP1 (ie before amp) you will have to control the wet - dry mix levels in the D4 also it would (could) create a bit of a gain miss-match issue as you are running into your RG input.  Go with the MP1 loop for now, when I talk you into getting a small mixing desk then you'd run it off an effects (Aux) send and do the mixing with the desk.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

That won't work IMO,the mp-1 has a serial loop,the full wet you suggest works only with parallel loops.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

A salient point MJMP, I didn't know the MP1 loop is serial, I never used the loop when I had one, I used a mixer from the beginning to keep everything stereo and make all the gain structure easier.  So the 2 MP2 loops must be parallel as they have a mix level control.

So Steve what this means is you adjust your effect to dry signal level in the D4 if you use it in the MP1 loop, which, IMO, is the best place for you to put it with your current set up.  You could put the D4 between your hush and MXR running it at instrument level, again you'd adjust the wet to dry mix on the D4 (MP1 > hush > D4 > MXR eq >RG clean in)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Yep the mp-2 has a stereo serial / parallel loop,if you put the mix to 100% it's serial.

RandallRG

« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Marshall all I can say Buddy is that I have been doing some experimenting with my D4 & O.M.G. Dude...some of the Factory "Pre-Sets" on this thing are BAD-ASS my Brother! Like you said C1-2-& 3 are Killer! B4 (320ms Echo) is I-N-S-A-N-E....I LOVE IT!!! It sounds pretty Wicked & I am only using my Peavey XXL 4X12 Slant (That has only 2-Peavey Blue Marvels in it at the moment)....Man this thing sounds good! I am glad I jumped on this Digitizer 4 (& for the price I got it for I really do think it was worth it) & with the help from you Marshall & Kawai2g4b you guys were basically my "Purchasing Point". Marshall like you & I spoke about I am NOT running it through the Loop. It sounds much better this way for sure! Once again Thanks Guys! \m/
« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

No problem!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up