Non ADA Gear > Guitars

NGD

(1/5) > >>

MarshallJMP:
Just picked up a second hand Jackson Kelly KE-2.Amazing guitar,this is my 3th USA jackson,also have a KV-2 (flying V) and a SL-1 (super strat)but the KE-2 is the best,it has a SD TB-4 and a SH-2.I installed 2 push-pull pots so i can coil tap them.This is a really interesting mod to do,sounds really nice for clean sounds.First i was thinking of replacing the SD's with EMG's but i'm gonna stick with the SD's for once  :lol:

Also Hilko (a guitarbuilder from Belgium) is making me a Michael Schenker flying V,the old Gibson model,not the Dean.Mahogany body and neck,ebony fretboard,medium high fretwire,mortise & tenon neck joint,block inlay,dual action trussrod,schaller locking tuners,gotoh 510 tailpiece,SD SH-5 bridge PU and SD SH-1n neck PU with push-pull pots.This all in the famous Schenker black and white color with a nitrocellulose lacquer.
I hope to get it by the end of the month.I'll post some pics as soon as i have it.

El Chiguete:
I deffinetly wouldn't mind testing that one out when I go and see you :)

Peter H. Boer:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on August 11, 2014, 02:43:54 PM ---Just picked up a second hand Jackson Kelly KE-2.Amazing guitar,this is my 3th USA jackson,also have a KV-2 (flying V) and a SL-1 (super strat)but the KE-2 is the best,it has a SD TB-4 and a SH-2.I installed 2 push-pull pots so i can coil tap them.This is a really interesting mod to do,sounds really nice for clean sounds.First i was thinking of replacing the SD's with EMG's but i'm gonna stick with the SD's for once  :lol:

--- End quote ---
Nice one  :thumb-up:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on August 11, 2014, 02:43:54 PM ---Also Hilko (a guitarbuilder from Belgium) is making me a Michael Schenker flying V,the old Gibson model,not the Dean.Mahogany body and neck,ebony fretboard,medium high fretwire,mortise & tenon neck joint,block inlay,dual action trussrod,schaller locking tuners,gotoh 510 tailpiece,SD SH-5 bridge PU and SD SH-1n neck PU with push-pull pots.This all in the famous Schenker black and white color with a nitrocellulose lacquer.
I hope to get it by the end of the month.I'll post some pics as soon as i have it.

--- End quote ---
Weren't the old Gibson Vs made of Korina instead of Mahogany?

kawai2g4b:
Depends on the year. A lot of the 70s Vs were mahogany, not sure about Schenker's though.  Nice score on the Kelly! A lot of those recent Jacksons with SDs sound great.  Amazingly versatile.

rnolan:
Go MJMP, very nice!!! looking forward to the pics of the custom when it comes, sounds awesome  :thumb-up: .  All the Vs I saw from that time were mahogany but then Australia (particularly back then) is a backwater/small market.
BTW, try using the coil tap(s) with my MP2 clean patch I think it might work ??
Cheers R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version