ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Rabid Bitch of the North - New Video Release  (Read 46167 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Rabid Bitch of the North - New Video Release
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,
Great song.  I also took the liberty of checking out some of your other youtube clips.  Very cool.  I like the Zappa look. 

Oh shit don't check anymore shit out on youtube man!  It's full of us messing about and in earlier years, and bad live recordings.  There is one good show where we supported diamond head and played everything like +200bpm! 

this one is bareable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxgsBInKOSI

But hey in regards to the proper new video, thank you man, that's kind words you have there.  It's taken a long way to get to that point.  If I finished tomorrow I would feel proud of the things I've done with the band so far.  They might be small for some people but it all matters to me.

As for frank Zappa, yeah well that's an accident.  The other guys have beards so I grew my moustache :)  I also prefer that look if I'm honest, it's not hip and trendy and it makes me stand out.  I like the moustache look, lots of cool people had em/have em.

Mad max, boy am I huge fan, I think the first movie is actually my fav.  Yeah I'm sure some of those locations are actually lots and lots of nothingness but f*ck it, I would do the same for Martha's Vineyard and  the location where they shot Jaws.  Another of my fav movies.  It's just cool to go on a pilgrimage to places like that.  I've never done it before so gives me an excuse to visit.

If we ever get to AUstrailia of course I'll let you know.  I'm not sure if that will happen but hey, let's see how far I can go with the band eh?

Hey AWESOME.... the 3 pieces LP is on Google store.

See ! You're gonna play on Esp guitar soon like Kirk WhaWhammet :lol:

lol Tomy well who knows, but one thing at a time.  We're on amazon as well and a few other places, but I dunno shit about where to buy the songs other than bandcamp. 

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

tomy

• "To loose means trouble, to win pays double"
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Eyes of the tiger !
"As far back as I can remember,  I've always wanted to be a  gangster..."

ARSENAL :
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/membres/885047/products/

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

hehehehehehe

who's that pirate guy with the pink f**king guitar?  :facepalm:

Nearly 2000 views on the video now, think we start to make money on the video if it gets to 1000 so wwwwwwwwwwwooohhhooooo!

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Hey RG hope it does well for you  :thumb-up: And good on you guys for getting out and doing it, not everyone understands the effort it takes, I have some idea  :wave:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Thanks man, if I only I did not have to work I could be doubley productive and probably a lot more happier than being stuck in a f**king office typing shit and moving a mouse about!

But unfortunately there is no money to be made.  We make more money from selling out tshirts and patches.

https://rabidbitchofthenorth.bandcamp.com/

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

This reminds me of a song fron AC/DC,"it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll"

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

And I wouldn't mind 10 cents for each time I (very enjoyably) played it. Hotel Motel, make you wanta cry....

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

great song and good lyrics!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

yes our song is just like the ACDC song..................................... :lol:

no of course not, I know what you mean really

I remember the first time I heard  "it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll"

awesome song!!!! Brings back amazing memories of putting it on before I went out to school!  The difference between you guys though and me is I heard it in like 1996!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Showing my age, I hurd it when it was first released. Back then I was playing High Voltage in a band, we got to see the famous clip of Long Way on the back of a truck in Melbourne, it featured on ABC TVs Count Down, which we all watched religiously on Sunday nights.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

For me the best bit is the f**king bagpipes!!!!!!!!!

random as hell!  But it makes the tune for me.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

I used to play that bit on the guitar LoL  It was the hay day for Australian rock, They ran a doco of the rise (and fall) of Alberts studios on the ABC recently, that place launched so many good bands. The producers there were Harry Vanda and George Young (Malcolm and Angus's brother), AC/DC would do a gig and then go straight to the studio to record. If you get a chance, watch it (http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/blood-thunder-the-sound-of-alberts/), you won't be disappointed. It seems you have to pay though (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrQbwmCcsFE)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

No way I thought George was their uncle?  Oh well there you go lol.  Yeah so he did some 80's stuff with them as well if I remember?  I think people complained about his production but nothing I have ever heard of ACDC's has ever made me think it was poor.

Gonna say something controversial.  Technically the Youngs are Scottish and so was Bon Scott  :thumb-up:  And it wasn't like they just moved to OZ when they were babies, Bon Scott was like 6 and Angus was 8 before they emigrated.

I wonder did they see themselves as Scotch Australian?  Like we have a Irish Americans or Welsh Italian.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

I think your right, George is their Uncle. I knew they were born in Scotland, but they were/are all quintessentially Australian. The early production was raw, they wanted it to sound the same as at a gig.  The big production change happened with Hells Bells where it got a bit more "polished".

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

No man you were right it's their older brother.

Hmmmm I dunno, wherever you are born is you're true nationality, well it is if you spend more than 1-2 years there after your birth, in my opinion not trying to cause contreversey here just my view.  But of course no one thinks of the Youngs as Scotts even though another brother remained in Scotland to play in a london band.

Lange only did two albums with em though, "Flick of a Switch"  was them again I think and George was back for "Who Made Who" tracks

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up