ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New MP1 owner  (Read 3251 times)

Shortlife

New MP1 owner
« on: Time Format »

Hello all,

New member here.

I recently bought an modded MP1 off Reverb. I have not had much time with it yet, but so far I am really liking the tones coming out of it and I am sure it will only get better as I get to understand the unit better. 
I already own a bunch of preamps such the Mesa Triaxis, Mesa Studio Preamp, Engl 580, Randall Rm4 and about  twenty five modded modules, and the MP1 makes a nice addition to the collection.

It was advertised as having the 3TM and Noise Mod, but when I opened up the unit I found it also has the MDRT mod. A nice bonus for sure.
Now I am wondering if anything else has been done to the unit or if anyone can give me any more information about this MP1 or can see if any other modifications have been made.

So i am need of an experienced eye on this.

Thanks.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: New MP1 owner
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Shortlife, welcome to the depot  :wave: .  I suspect MJMP can cast an experienced eye on it for you.  But hey 3TM, noise mod and MDRT are a great start  :thumb-up: So it hasn't had the battery mod and that looks like an original battery (which means it will probably die soon, they are very old these days) so write down any patch settings you make that you want to keep (just in case, when the (memory) battery dies, so do your patches).I'm curious about the front input jack, it looks like the rear jack mod as IIRC the front input on a MP1 isn't a normal jack socket  :dunno: but I don't see signs of de-soldering on the rear jack (where it attaches to PCB) so I may be wrong (or was it a later revision...).The Svetlana tubes should sound good, though depending how old they are some new tubes will sparkle the unit up.  IIRC MJMP likes JJs in his 3TM, and yours has 2 Svetlana (to me they look like long plates) and the one closest to the front I can't tell, seems to have red logo, maybe a JJ  :dunno: but you can see the internal design is quite different and it's a short plate
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Well it does have the MDRT and 3TM but no noise mod has been done to it.
Input jacks are original and since it's a V2 MP-1 it has the rear jack mod (factory standard).
No battery mod.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Thanks MJMP  :thumb-up: :wave: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Shortlife

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

So it hasn't had the battery mod and that looks like an original battery (which means it will probably die soon, they are very old these days)

Hello,
The battery is already dead, so I wont be saving any settings for the meantime   ;)
I will do the battery mod for sure ASAP.

Thanks for the help.

Shortlife

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Well it does have the MDRT and 3TM but no noise mod has been done to it.
Input jacks are original and since it's a V2 MP-1 it has the rear jack mod (factory standard).
No battery mod.

Hello,

No noise mod, well I will do that for sure.
I don't find it to be particularly noisy, and it really only gets slightly noisy once the OD1 and OD2 are over 7.
If the noise mod can help further that will be a great addition.

Thanks for your help.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

No problem  :thumb-up:
Pages: [1]   Go Up