ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from Stockholm!  (Read 6292 times)

Mad Max

Hi from Stockholm!
« on: Time Format »

Hello all!

I've been using ADA stuff for many years now and been very pleased with both sound and quality. Currently I have two stock MP-1’s together with a T100s power amp.

I use a couple of old Digitech’s for reverb, chorus, delay and such. Then I might run the MP-1’s and Digitech’s thru a MicroCAB II for the occasional straight to the console but mostly I'll be using two homemade 2x12 cabs with Greenbacks on top and EV’s in the bottom. The cab design is similar to the ADA 2x12 split stack.

For noise reduction I use a Hush to keep things down a bit. Otherwise I have a couple of old tube screamers and a Dunlop Cry Baby and that's about it, nothing fancy.

This rig has been serving me well over the years with the exception of one time a couple of years ago when the T100s went up in smoke in the middle of a gig and I had a pretty hard time finding someone to fix it afterwards …

My two trusted MP-1’s however are starting to act up a bit and I guess I'll be asking you guys a bunch of questions about how to get my workhorses back into shape again.

Anyway, thanks for having me!

Cheers!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Hi from Stockholm!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey mad max,welcome to the depot.Just ask away in one of the topics.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Mad Max, what your not from Australia with a name like that LoL.. Welcome to the depot  :thumb-up:
Do you remember what caused the T100s to cook ? My Marshall 50 went up in smoke in the middle of a gig years ago (output transformer), not a pleasant feeling and you never get rid of the smell, lucky I was using 2 amps so got through the night.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Mad Max

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey guys and thanks!

There was a whole bunch of stuff that got cooked in the T100s and I guess some of the broken capacitors generated all the white smoke that got blown out by the cooling fan... There was some damage with the power supply amongst things but I don't remember the exact details. If memory serves me right I think that what caused it to blow in the first place was that some tech had set it to run way too hot.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

May be an interesting parallel with what used to happen with my Marshall 50 when I first bought it 2nd hand. It used to burn out the output tubes, something to do with grid and plate voltages being too close ?? Anyway the guy I bought it froms brother was a tech and fixed it. Back then Mullard 6CA7s (EL34s) were cheap and easy to get... But smoking up in the middle of a gig was a whole new experience.. though only happened once over 40 years..

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Those T100S blew their supply quite a lot.There is a service bulletin out with a complete new power supply design.A lot needs to be altered and replaced.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP, do you have a copy we can post ?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Yes i do but Dante already put it here  http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=372.0

« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Yes i do but Dante already put it here  http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=372.0

Yay ME!!

Welcome to the Depot, Mad Max! I'm sure you'll get the help you need around here

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hello Mad Max, good name!  Even better Movie (s)!!!!!

:thumb-up:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Mad Max

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the welcoming guys!

I can tell you that my normal service guy couldn't fix the T100s. But he luckily knew another guy that previously had serviced ADA gear but was retired. That guy agreed to come back from retirement for a while to fix my power amp (he did some extensive repairing and modification to it) and it has been working perfectly ever since. Umm, sure hope I don't jinx it now by writing this...

:thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Well if he was used to repair ADA he'll probably did the power supply conversion.So your safe now  ;D

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Umm, sure hope I don't jinx it now by writing this...

:lol:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Hey Mad Max, welcome to the depot :wave:

Sounds like a nightmare with the TS100, but glad it's up and running again. I hope it stays that way.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up