ADA Power Amps > T100s

Scratchy Pots

<< < (2/2)

MarshallJMP:
Hey Dante,let me know you should you ever need some replacements,i think i have these lying around.

Dante:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on November 13, 2013, 02:48:02 PM ---Hey Dante,let me know you should you ever need some replacements,i think i have these lying around.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bro, I appreciate it. If they're pretty common, I have a good electronics store here, I can pick some up. They are fine now, and that is truly awesome  :banana-trip:

Afro Power: Activ8  O0

Systematic Chaos:
Too bad that they´re PCB-pots...after quite some experimenting and doing maint. on my amps I now swear by Bourns PDA24 series pots... CTS is mainly $$ for the name and Alpha has some real tolerances in quality (at least that´s what I experienced...)

MarshallJMP:
Doesn't Bourns sell pcb types?

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on November 15, 2013, 01:47:04 PM ---Doesn't Bourns sell pcb types?

--- End quote ---

I haven´t seen any Bourns PCB typos so far....at least not with common/standard solderlug spacing.
Neither www.tube-town.net (that´s where I bought/ordered almost all my parts AND tubes (=awesome service!!) and still do) nor Banzaimusic has Bourns PCB pots....

Nice thing with the above mentioned PDA241 series is the higher friction/torque, especially for amplifier or FX applications....aside from the superb quality.

I don´t know if Mouser has Bourns high-friction PCB-mount pots though....shipping costs (at least 30€ to my loc) are in no relation to what I occasionally need in terms of parts  :o

Nevertheless, out of the experiences I made so far, we tend to try and save some cents on the wrong end. We spend enormous amounts of money on tubes and stuff (best example being =C= power tubes....) and live with absolute crappy wiring, cables, pots, resistors, caps,.... But these cent-parts do have a big impact on tone and and performance of our gear.

Just my 2 €-cents though....  8) 8)

Have a nice weekend y´all!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version