Non ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabinets

Looking for Utah MH15R3R-A speakers

(1/2) > >>

vansinn:
Yes indeed, I'm slowly looking for two Utah MH15R3R-A speakers. Those were made back in the earl/mid 70's.

Together with a friend, we build two nice rather compact rear folded (Klipch?) horns, one outfitted with this 15" speaker; never got the other one finished.
It was driven by my Sunn Model T 200 Watt RMS amp with four lovely RCA 6550 bottles. What a crazy concept - but sounded great :bow:

This is a no-rush project for sometime next year, and I quite frankly do not expect to ever locate two of those, but you just never know, so I'm merely advancing this thought, knowing that once an idea has been planted, it can never escape the mind, so one sunny day, one of you just might buzz me.
At some point, I just might build a new set, just a tad higher, with a 15" plus two 8" speakers. I know, crazy.. :facepalm:

rnolan:
Hey Van, a 15 with 2 x 8s I recon would work well (so I don't think its crazy)

Google found this (http://www.listlux.com/chicago/a,57,1900114,--Custom-2x15-Bass---Organ-cab-w--Vintage-Utah-Speakers-------x0024-300--Des-Plaines-O-hare--.htm)

I've got a pair of Altec 15s that I'd like to incorporate in my rig

vansinn:
Oh geez, that's too fast for me - merely thinking I would lay out some info, in case..
I had of course been on the wibbly web searching, as I couldn't even remember the exact model I used back then, but didn't encounter any on sale, and hadn't expected to locate any just like that.
Oh dear, what am I to do now..

Thanks a bunch, dude ;)

Now, do not, repeat, do not post links to a Sunn Model T!  I wouldn't be able to handle that :lol:
Joke aside, I think those sells at around $3000 or so; totally out of my reach. And I would of course need two, wouldn't I? [sic]

rnolan:
No worries  :thumb-up: , I didn't expect it to be that easy either..

vansinn:
Of course not, but just seeing not one, but two of my wanted speakers on sale.. :o :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version