Non ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabinets

NCD!! New Cab Day

<< < (2/2)

Dante:
They are Celestions, and they're V30 knockoffs, I think they're called Rockdriver Jr., and they are 60w each. I have them split, so I'm only sending 50w into 120w on each side. It's clean sounding, which is nice. It also has a punch like my ported 1x12s. What impresses me most is that I haven't changed a single patch to compensate for the coloration of my tone with a different cabinet. My patches sound the same.  :dunno:

Funny thing, this cab is lighter than my two 1x12s combined :)

Harley Hexxe:
It must be the thin particleboard construction, which is a bit strange to me. I've always felt particleboard was heavier than plywood.

Harley 8)

Dante:

--- Quote from: Harley Hexxe on August 02, 2016, 06:46:13 PM ---It must be the thin particleboard construction, which is a bit strange to me. I've always felt particleboard was heavier than plywood.

Harley 8)

--- End quote ---

Me too. The walls of this cab are only 1/2" though, and most plywood cabs are 3/4", that could be it. Kind of a genius design, actually. When I took it apart I kept thinking how elegant the design is...for instance, how simple the grill is mounted. It's a flat piece of metal, that is bowed between a ridge at the top and bottom of the cab. You bend it, pop it in position, and only a couple screws (through the logo badge) hold the screen on. My Carvin cab had screws all the way around and it took FOREVER to take them all out. Crafty Germans

I can't wait to jam with a drummer but I have no gigs scheduled and no practices...gotta make some calls

rnolan:
Great score Dante  :thumb-up: . I always liked having a quad box split into stereo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version