ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making Bugera 6262 to slave my Ada Mp2 And Gmajor2  (Read 5156 times)

Hanneman213

Hello, I have a show coming up 2 weeks later. I checked out the Venues stage and there's a Bugera 6262 infinium head and a 4 x 12 cab. So I am planning to leave my heavy rocktron velocity and Ampulator at home and take Mp2 and Tc gmajor2 which are connected.
How should I connect my gear to this amp.Directly to clean channel ? Or with some connection tricks just to power section, if yes How will I do that ?
Best Regards
ESP Standart V>ADA MP2>TC G Major2>ADA Ampulator>Rocktron Velocity>Mesa Rectifier1x12

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

Keep it very simple!
Just use the connection you'd normally plug into your Velocity/Ampulator and connect that to the Bugera's Loop Return. This way you'll just use the Bugera power amp and cab.
Adjust MP2 room EQ to taste und you're set.

Hanneman213

So MP2>GMajor2>Bugera return ?

Okay Thank You very much.
ESP Standart V>ADA MP2>TC G Major2>ADA Ampulator>Rocktron Velocity>Mesa Rectifier1x12

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

If you normally go MP2>GMaj>Velocity>Cab, then yes, MP2>GMajor2>Bugera return.
The Bugeras Poweramp stage does the same as the Velocity (Bugera in mono though  :thumb-up: )

Hanneman213

Copy That.
Today one of my friend from another city has bought a Fender Twin Reverb 65 amp in my location and sent to me for testing and keeping it for a while.
It has no fx loop. I am very curious for pluging my these two gear directly. ::)

Damn-Danny

• be yourself , never copy someone else!!!!

I put my ADA mp1 (instead op mp2) in return of my Bugera 333XL inf. sounds awesome with those 4 Svetlana EL 34's.
At momemt my mp1 get modded.
And the mp2 is on hold for the moment .
Ormsby Hyper GTR 6 string
Ormsby RC One   6 Orange Marbles
SKG    Anubis (halve step down)
Bo-el   MC 6
Robin guitar  Raider USA (D Standard)
ADA 3TM mp1
ADA Ampulator
ADA GCS 6
Ada mp2  (working now)
Yerasove Detonator - P (for sale)
Yamaha SPX 900
Marshall 8008 Valvestate
Peavey  6505MH
Rane mpe 28
EVH 5150II Lbx 
Pro Tone Gary Holt signature boost
Pro Tone Jeff Loomis signature OD
Boss OD2
TC Electronic Sentry noise gate
Bugera 333XL infinium (died on me)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Hanneman213, good advice from SC, using an amps loop return (typically) feeds straight into the poweramp stage and bypasses the amps preamp (desirable with ADA preamps). Down side is it's mono so you need 2 amps for best effect.  With fender twin you'll need to run into its preamp stage (as no loop).  So you'd use the clean channel and keep the input gain low.  Also the fenders eq stage is in the signal chain.  In the back of the new(ish) A/DA App 1 manual are some (good) suggested eq settings for various amps (manual available from A/DA site and also here in App1 area).  You want to set the eq as flat as possible.  Different amps do their tone/eq stack differently so it's not necessarily intuitive how to make it as flat as possible (which is what you want).
So I'd take the fender twin for one channel and Bugera loop return for the other and tweak until it blows your mind  >:D , you can also add a bit of the Twin's reverb (spring reverb sounds quite nice)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Hanneman213

Haha :)) Rnolan. It will be a science-fiction if I carry this Fender Twin to Venue with my other equipments (including a keyboard) and do that connections.
Anyways, I connected Mp2>Gmajor>Fender Twin and My precious MP2 sounded like a Boss Metal Zone. Then I added The Ampulator before Fender, the sound come back. That means I will carry The ampulator to Venue for a life saving situation.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Well I know lugging the extra gear is a pain  :facepalm: but IMHO the sound is worth it  :thumb-up: , I always run in stereo although I get the lugging hassles  :facepalm: :facepalm: . (BTW should see what MJMP takes to a gig  >:D :whoohoo!: )

Hanneman213

ı have one question about Fender Twin 65 amp. when I connect my preamp or pedal to this amp, The sounds is like direct, I mean there's no cabinet depth and mass. When I include the ampulator or use the mixer output of the pedal which includes a cab simulation, The sound becomes what we want actually. What can be the problem ? Is it the nature of this amp ?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

The Fender is designed to take a guitar input not a preamp output (MP2/Gmaj etc).  So for a start the fender is expecting a guitar level signal (milli volts) and you are feeding it preamp out levels (volts). Ideally you'd plug into its poweramp and bypass it's preamp, but if you can't then you need to adjust it's inputs as far as you can to suit ie turn gain/input way down and try to make the eq as flat as possible.  But if ampulator makes it work go with that, it's important that you run the rig in stereo, sounds soo much better.

Hanneman213

Our live show is done. Here's the report, Due to my keyboard side duty, I had to take the suitable place on stage where I needed to use Marshall MG 100 Head. and I sent my signal from TC Gmajor to FX Return of MG. The Cleans where beautiful but crunches were totally MG. Personally I disappointed from my direct sound coming after me. The tech guy adjusted it from the PA for internal Speakers of the Bar, My Friends from audience said it was ok.
But Next Time I will carry my Rocktrone Velocity and just plug into 4x12 Marshall cab.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t

I am curious as to why you did your signal chain the way you did. G major into mg's fx return would be using the G major as a preamp,  bypassing the mg's pre. Sure cleans will sound good but nothing with any crunch will. Why not put the g major completely in the mg's loop? Or did I miss something?
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Hanneman213

Hello Soloist. It's all about carrying my heavy gear to venue. Because The venue is placed on a boulevard which you can not reach with your car. I have an ESP standart V (Randy Rhoads style) with its own specific heavy hard case (I afraid to keep it in a soft pack) A Korg Synthesizer Keyboard, and my 4 unit Rack case includes ADA MP2+Gmajor+Ampulator+ Rocktron Velocity. The main weight is in Rocktrone. So I didn't want to carry it like a cross-fit session. ADA and Gmajor ensures me to press less step on my footswitcher, Clean/crunch/lead all programmed into 3 banks. According to our play list (Queenryche,Iron Maiden, Whitesnake,etc) I have to be quick as possible as when switching between banks and I can't use any other switcher.
Pages: [1]   Go Up