ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where did you get that vintage ADA??  (Read 4055 times)

Christopher Johnson

• Christopher Johnson official site
Where did you get that vintage ADA??
« on: Time Format »

Hello, I am christopher Johnson from Texas-
GIT graduate, and active singer, songwriter, guitar player in Texas.
I have been using ADA's (mp1) in my live rig since 1989.
I always seem to revert back to the ada, It always sounds great, controls all of my other devices, hardly ever malfunctions.

It is Hilarious that I have been using the same units since I was 20, Now they are considered "vintage".

I also use them in sessions from time to time.
used an ada mp1 to record a cd for a band called american zeros in 2008 - (check out tones from "Draw" by American Zeros on itunes.)

my site is www.chrisjmusic.net

kawai2g4b

Re: Where did you get that vintage ADA??
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome Christopher, nice to see another member here from Texas!  I am with you on the MP-1, though I have only used one for the past year, I came along just a few years removed from the rack system's heyday.  If I had found out about it sooner I would have saved a stupid amount of money over the years as I tried to get my equipment to "do it all" when it most certainly couldn't.  :facepalm:....make that  :facepalm: :facepalm: >:(

If you have any Houston area gigs coming up give me a shout.  It would be majorly refreshing to see an original artist play a show around here for a change.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

RandallRG

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Christopher hey Dude how ya doing? I see you have been using the MP-1 since the 80's...your not using the SAME exact unit from 89' are you? If so have you ever had any issues with it (if you have what kind?) after all these years? (LOL!) Just wondering buddy...Take it easy..Steve \m/

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hi Christopher, welcome to the board, much the same I've been using ADAs now for many years (>25), My old MP1 is still going strong (sold to a friend) and I've used a MP2 since they first came out, also still going strong.  Only change to both units was EPROM updates and tubes (Boogie STRs in the MP1 and Mullards in my MP2).
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Christopher Johnson

• Christopher Johnson official site
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I am using the exact same units that I bought new over 20 years ago- I have had the inputs and tubes changed, and that is it!!
I have used many different power amps, from marshalls, to solid state power to my current setup which utilized the mesa boogie 20/20-
sounds fantastic.
cool trick, for a less metal sound (kinda blues driver-ish) use the clean tube setting and just turn up the preamp gain till you get a good souding tube distortion that is not so saturated as the traditional ADA dist patches- I use that with a seymour duncan SFX1 pickup booster .
- great tone !!!

Christopher hey Dude how ya doing? I see you have been using the MP-1 since the 80's...your not using the SAME exact unit from 89' are you? If so have you ever had any issues with it (if you have what kind?) after all these years? (LOL!) Just wondering buddy...Take it easy..Steve \m/
Pages: [1]   Go Up