ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fat Hi Gain \\\\m////  (Read 4463 times)

nomorepeople

Fat Hi Gain \\\\m////
« on: Time Format »

on the MP-2 or the Quadtube ( The quadtube has a Lo End Boost function not found on the MP-2) engaged has the meanest bottom end.  I don't think its preamp tone stack (pretty much the same tone on both) lends itself to squishy solo tones.  If somebody can shoot me some squishy solo tones, I'd appreciate it.  BTW, the Quadtube's tone is unmistakably MP-2 with virtually no difference in tone, in case you are wondering.  My main riffery be Fat Hi Gain - both drive and overdrive around 80ish and a boost in all frequencies except mids (no drop in them, just flat) and the Graphic EQ with a slight bottom boost, a -2 drop in 280 and a +4 boost in 470 with high frequencies boosted a bit except the highest one dropped a bit.  Works well with low tunings (I'm in Bb and occasionally a step lower).  Guitar is a Carvin DC 727 with Seymour duncan invader.  I use this on a quatube that is actually the combo amp hacked up into a head which I run as a 2x8 ohm stereo configuration on a Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12.  Honestly, I need higher wattage speakers or a 4x12 because if I boost the bass too much anywhere and/or engage the low end boost. 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Fat Hi Gain \\\\m////
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

For what your doing you could try a pair of 15" speakers underneath you 12s (a pair of old EV TL bass boxes would be perfect, 400w drivers).  Do you run the 2 x 12s in stereo ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up