ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About to Smack my Chorus XII... any advice?  (Read 3648 times)

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music

Rather than repeat myself, check the link below:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=195209

Does anyone else have a Carl Martin Chorus XII?  Have you run it in the effect loop of an amp that has a parallel effect loop?

I'm thinking (see pics) that the pedal is damaged, as it looks horrendous on the inside.  I've contacted Carl Martin and had no response yet (three days), and asking the guy I bought it from on evilbay for a refund if CM won't repair it (he has yet to answer).

Any thoughts?  For two seconds it sounded good... and then I noticed that even out in front there was a SERIOUS quality loss in the signal... ugh...
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: About to Smack my Chorus XII... any advice?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

:amaze: That "MOD" looks bad. Like it was done with the finesse of a gorilla  :facepalm:

I wish I had some info for you bro, but it sounds like you may be in the market for a replacement. Unless, you want to fix this one.

That sucks. Hopefully the seller will answer back and do the right thing.

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

He's been very responsive... UNTIL I suggested a refund...

I asked him to consider it while I waited to hear back from CM...

Just tried it out again... the phase must be inverted, because even with one amp dry, and the other amp (chorus out in front of the second), the phase kills a bit of high, spikes the mids, and kills the lows... it's god awful.  I'm hoping that's NOT the way the pedal was designed.
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

From what I can see it looks like a home made PCB, and I'm most 100% sure these are not the original pcb's in there. Too bad I couldn't find a pic to compare the pcb's.

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Home made?  Jeezzz...

Well, he refunded, however hesitantly... so that's good.

Carl Martin guys got back to me finally and said it looked like water or moisture damage.  When I explained the phase issue to the CM guy, his only response was "yeah, that's the downside of it." 

So apparently if you run a Carl Martin Chorus XII in your parallel effect loop, you are just screwed.

Using that refund to by a Keeley Dyno My Roto.

How is everybody here at ADA doing?  It's been a while... thanks for the responses!
-Adam

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Bumbling along as usual  :wave: , good to see you back on board  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up