ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I got a MP1 ! And it has been delivered with the tone I was looking for !  (Read 4155 times)

Statcho

Hi ADA people ! What a good surprise !
I didn't know ADA preamp. I used tu play on a Orange Crush Pro 120 (Solid state) a Hugues & Kuttner Grandmeister 36.
Last week, we played on an "open stage" (where ever bands can play) and I played on a Marshall JCM800 old like my regretted grand mother. It was so good ! I made lots of researches on the net, and by chance I read some comments about ADA MP1 preamp : "The best sound ever", "Vintage 80's sound", "Not for metal"...
So I looked on the net to find one. One was for sale at less the 500 meters far from home!
That was a sign to me!
I'm found of that sound !

So, here's my newly guitar gear !

Gretsch Electromatic
Dynackord EQ3310
Berhinger Composer Pro XL (comp)
ADA MP1
FX loop : TC Electronics M-One
              Berhinger Composer Pro XL (noise gate)
Marshall EL84 20/20
Peavey Valveking modified to 2X8ohms
Berhinger FCB 1010 Foot controller

next things to change : multi FX to get a true guitare FX, find a better cab.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Who said the MP1 is not for metal?  I bought it for metal  :lol:  Because I read it was good for metal.  That's how I got onto MP1's.

I guess ultimately I got an MP1 to  provide me with those boosted Marshall sounds.  May be I got it wrong.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Statcho

He said that it was too noisy for metal ! Ahah !

What's your patch for a metal tone ?

I've got it for two days, each time I try it, I love it !

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

I've a few patches for metal.  One I recorded on the other day can be found on this thread

http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1435.0

9 post down in the thread you will find settings I used for what I would describe as hi gain distortion for the ADA Mp1, there is also a recording of a song using the settings
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

Statcho,

Welcome to the asylum, your cookies are by the window  :wave:

vansinn

Cookies by the Windows :o
Oh, I see.. oh well, good for me I'm on Linux :))

Welcome in here, dude, and indeed, the MP-1 was made for metal - though I've heard some even use if for pop.. :dunno: :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Statcho, welcome to the depot  :wave: .  You can play pretty much any style with the MP1, very versatile preamp.  The noise mod/MDRT that RG is doing at the moment is a good idea particularly for higher gain sounds.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up