ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Axe pix  (Read 114171 times)

luftguitar

Re: Axe pix
« Reply #195 on: Time Format »

Thank rnolan, each timber has its sound characteristics, what matters is to get a common denominator that pleases yourself!
Furman Pl-Plus Series II - T.c. eletronics G Major 2 - Voodoo Lab GCX - ADA MP-1 - Mesa Boogie Fifty/Fifty - Electro Harmonix LBP-1 - Boss Harmonist PS-6 - Boss Noise Reduction NS-2 - Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 - Wah Morley Bad Horsie 2- Voodoo Lab Ground Control
Ibanez JEM Custom EMG 85/81- Gibson SG Standard EMG 85/81

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!
« Reply #196 on: Time Format »

Finally received a neck I ordered on EvilBay to fit this Camo RG axe.

Great fun to play, interesting tones and I am taking my time to adjust it so it
should feel like a race car when I'm done with it.
Palm Springs commercial photography[/url]
« Last Edit: Time Format by Chucky »
EMGs suck my energies.

tomy

• "To loose means trouble, to win pays double"
« Reply #197 on: Time Format »

Beautiful, chucky  :thumb-up:
"As far back as I can remember,  I've always wanted to be a  gangster..."

ARSENAL :
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/membres/885047/products/

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #198 on: Time Format »

Looks NICE  :thumb-up:

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #199 on: Time Format »

VERY cool axe, Chucky.   :thumb-up: 

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #200 on: Time Format »

Cool Axe, Chucky!

I never could bond with my RG, too pointy. Very rude to point, it pointed at everything  O0

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #201 on: Time Format »

Go Chucky, very nice  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MikeB

« Reply #202 on: Time Format »

What guitar?  I couldn't see a guitar in that photo.   :dunno:
I don't feel tardy!

luftguitar

« Reply #203 on: Time Format »

Nice Guitar!
Furman Pl-Plus Series II - T.c. eletronics G Major 2 - Voodoo Lab GCX - ADA MP-1 - Mesa Boogie Fifty/Fifty - Electro Harmonix LBP-1 - Boss Harmonist PS-6 - Boss Noise Reduction NS-2 - Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 - Wah Morley Bad Horsie 2- Voodoo Lab Ground Control
Ibanez JEM Custom EMG 85/81- Gibson SG Standard EMG 85/81

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #204 on: Time Format »

Accidentally had to buy this axe, it's a secret also as the significant other is not aware it's been hidden up stairs  :nono:.  It plays great!  Just trying to determine whether or not it's  fake or not as the logo text on headstock hasn't been painted on very well.  You can only notice if you look very closely.  Still plays good and sounds excellent!

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #205 on: Time Format »

Hey RG,

A nice little axe to be sure, but I have to ask: What made this one so special that you had to 'accidentally' buy it?

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #206 on: Time Format »

oh I guess apart from insane GAS  :crazy:

The fact that those 80's Tokai's from Japan are collectible, and I like knowing I have a desirable axe.  May be not to folks on here as this is an ADA forum, but there are plenty of Japanese guitar collectors and also Tokai faithful who'd like to have that guitar.

Then the price, which was nice for this axe.  I bargained the guy to £50 less than he wanted for it.

Then the fact that I love how it looks.  The fact it plays and sounds nice is a bonus lol.  That's the gamble I took I guess as it could have been all wrong for me.  I suppose I like to have a guitar that when I play live people are wondering what it is as it's not just a fender or something.  Perhaps that sounds silly but little things like that appeal to me, sets me apart from others (not that I need this guitar to do that for me as no one on my local scene uses any of the stuff I use, right down to the picks).

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MikeB

« Reply #207 on: Time Format »

Well, i think it looks great. I've never been drawn to white guitars before, but there is something about this one that really appeals to me.
At first glance i thought you had paid £50 for it.  Now that would have been the bargain of the century!
I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #208 on: Time Format »

yeah never liked black and white guitars or white ones with white pickgaurds but I really love this white with black.  Really nice.  The neck has gone golden also through age and although it cannot be seen in the photos the white paint is really like a pool or snooker ball white as it's aged 28 years.

Just restringing at the mo.  Had to open it up to find if it was a legit tokai or not.  It had the serial numbers inside so looks ok.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #209 on: Time Format »

Hey RG,

There's nothing wrong with that. Interesting fact that Tokai guitars have become collectible. That's something I never would have guessed at.
   The bottom line is that it plays and sounds good. It also looks like it's in very good shape for it's age. At first glance, I thought it was a copy of Jake E Lee's Charvel guitar.
    It doesn't matter what brand a musical instrument is, as much as how well it matches the musician who plays it. Case in point:
A long time friend and local musician named Al MacKenzie, used to get teased and haggled about his Hohner bass guitar that he played with every local band he was in here. I've known Al since 1987, and currently, he is the bass player for Firehouse. So I don't knock any musician for their choice of instruments.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up