ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 Classic Noise Gate "stuck" at max values even when turned off  (Read 16 times)

Bret

Hey everyone, new member, long time lurker.

I have an MP-1 Classic with an odd behavior - it seems that the noise gate is clamping shut even when it is turned off in the patch. It also ignores the threshold I set, whether turned on or off. I tried turning the gate on and setting it very low but that doesn't seem to work either.

When I'm on the Tube Clean setting, I have to strum very hard to get the occasional sound through, but the sound that does come through is crystal clear, clean tone, and as the notes fade it will mute. The same behavior is present on the Tube Brown and Tube Dist voices, but on Tube Dist with the gain up the gate is only active if I really let a note ring out for a while. Still, it very clearly sounds like an overly aggressive noisegate and since turning on/off the gate doesn't change the behavior of the amp, I'm inclined to think that's the problem.

I'm not afraid to pick up the soldering iron here, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at on the schematic or what values I should check first. I'd love to get a few pointers on where to start here - thanks!
https://totallyradguitars.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up