Let's Get Technical > All PREAMP Tech Tips & Support

Stock Gain Mod

(1/1)

Dna^Yay:
Hello all

Was contemplating doing the stock gain mod so my MP-1 stays near enough stock but with some extra gain. Was wondering who has done this and also what your opinions are on the mod?

Also i have passive pickups in my Vigier and removing Input Fet Buffer circuit in the mod apparently will suck tone out of passive pickups, but i was wondering if i am running a compressor before the amp could i have the best of both worlds and not experience the tone sucking and have less noise? Or would i need to use a pedal with buffered bypass or just get a booster pedal e.g. TC Spark Booster, MXR Microamp etc

MarshallJMP:
Removing the input buffer for less noise and then adding an external booster to compensate will be useless and will add more noise.So leave it like it is.

Dna^Yay:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on March 28, 2014, 04:07:42 AM ---Removing the input buffer for less noise and then adding an external booster to compensate will be useless and will add more noise.So leave it like it is.

--- End quote ---

Is there anyway to get the benefit that an active guitar has when the circuit is removed at all?
So not even an eq or volume boost would help?

MarshallJMP:
Again leave it like it is,i did some experiments with it and there are no benifits with removing the input buffer.

Dna^Yay:
Ok so that part of HB`s Stock Gain Mod i should not do, it is only beneficial if i have an active pickup guitar?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version