• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

No Power, No Display, No Output

Started by Chip Roberts, September 24, 2017, 01:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnolan

I just checked the (now spare) Australian transformer that Mike replaced with MDRT.  It looks like the one on the left with black tape.  I need to check my 240v MP1 that only worked for a little bit, as MJMP you said (back when I bought it) the problem may be power related.  The US MP1 I have works fine but (obviously) needs a step down transformer (which are heavy and a pain...)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chip Roberts

Zombie thread:

After getting a new MP1 (which I love of course), I gave my old one to our other guitar player, as he's an electrical engineer and is interested in old tech like this.  He replaced one of the diodes and BOOM-it works.  Still needs some more work done, like replacing input jacks and volume pots, but now I have another MP1 for backup  :headbanger:
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rnolan

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

Chip, could you ask him which diode was busted? it seems some of them start to fail

Chip Roberts

Not sure if this is helpful or not.  This was either the replacement or the original one before he pulled it out, but that's where it's located I guess  :dunno:
Rack of Death:

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:

Chip Roberts

Here's another one of him testing it before the replacement with what looks like some sort of sonar device?
Rack of Death:

Pedalboard:

Cabinet:

MarshallJMP

Did he replace the crystal? (the metal can like thing with the long legs)

Hmmm funny, never heard someone saying a sonar device to an oscilloscope  ;D

Chip Roberts

He did say something about having to order a diode with the correct crystal, yes.
Rack of Death:

Pedalboard:

Cabinet:

MarshallJMP

Well it could be bad diode or a bad crystal or even both.