ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R.I.P Malcome Young  (Read 3335 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
R.I.P Malcome Young
« on: Time Format »

Just heard the awful news that Malcolm Young has passed away.  R.I.P.  He will be remembered as being a legendary musician and driving force within one of the most important rock bands of all time!!

He was sadly missed when he departed ACDC a few years ago due to dementia and this is just an even more sad event to behold.

Thanks for all the great music Malcolm, we'll always remember you!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: R.I.P Malcome Young
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Wow, dead at 64. Another great pioneer of rock gone too soon.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

RIP Malcolm  :facepalm: :'(
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

RIP Malcolm, you will be missed. One of my all time favorite rhythm guitar players.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Rock & Roll Royalty, to be sure :(  You simply cannot tell the story of Rock without mentioning him.

He had been battling that dementia for some time, at least he's not fighting that anymore. RIP

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Rock & Roll Royalty, to be sure :(  You simply cannot tell the story of Rock without mentioning him.

He had been battling that dementia for some time, at least he's not fighting that anymore. RIP

I agree, may be it was better for him to pass away rather than suffer from the loss of his mind!  Just really sad which ever way you look at it.

His music and contribution will always live on so that's the main thing.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

vansinn

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

RIP Malcolm.
So glad I saw you live at Monsters of Rock in Copenhagen while AC/DC were at the top.
You really got the rhythm going strong!  I felt close to shirt-fronted..

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Malcolm Young was AC/DC.  They could not be AC/DC without him.  A revolving door of drummers, a few different vocalists, but take Malcolm out of there and they do not exist, IMO.

True, everybody talks about Bon and Brian, and Angus always has the spotlight with the spastic schoolboy angst but the truth is that Malcolm made the riffs.  He preferred to stay back near the drum riser and hold that rhythm section accountable.  Not even a mob boss could lock everything down tighter than Malcolm, Cliff, and whichever drummer they had at any given time.   I never was a huge fan of Angus; I appreciated him but I always had a ton more respect for Malcolm because he just did his thing, did it better than anyone else, and didn't showboat, bullshit, or braggert his way through any of it.

Malcolm did more with 4 chords than all the other Rock guitarists of his generation together.  And did it with fuggin STYLE and TRUTH.
The world of Rock music owes a huge debt to this man, and we'll sing loud and proud all of his riffs.   RIP Malcolm Young.  We thank you so very much for your gifts to us.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Malcolm Young was AC/DC.  They could not be AC/DC without him.  A revolving door of drummers, a few different vocalists, but take Malcolm out of there and they do not exist, IMO.

True, everybody talks about Bon and Brian, and Angus always has the spotlight with the spastic schoolboy angst but the truth is that Malcolm made the riffs.  He preferred to stay back near the drum riser and hold that rhythm section accountable.  Not even a mob boss could lock everything down tighter than Malcolm, Cliff, and whichever drummer they had at any given time.   I never was a huge fan of Angus; I appreciated him but I always had a ton more respect for Malcolm because he just did his thing, did it better than anyone else, and didn't showboat, bullshit, or braggert his way through any of it.

Malcolm did more with 4 chords than all the other Rock guitarists of his generation together.  And did it with fuggin STYLE and TRUTH.
The world of Rock music owes a huge debt to this man, and we'll sing loud and proud all of his riffs.   RIP Malcolm Young.  We thank you so very much for your gifts to us.

Jesus that's a little harsh man but if that's your opinion, that's your opinion :o

They didn't have a revolving door of Drummers at all, it was mostly Phil Rudd for best part of 20 years, then Simon Wright and Chris Slade.  And to be fair to Brian and Bon, man those guy's are equally as special, no question about it.  And the Spastic School boy..........................that man's energy and ability are not to be overlooked in the slightest.  My only criticism of Angus is how he treated Brian Johnson the minute he heard he was no longer able to play live again.  Totally ridiculous, cold and callous.  I'm so glad Brian got his hearing fixed, that man lost his ability to sing a few years back and then totally regained it for the Black Ice album.  Utter Respect for Brian Johnson.

Pages: [1]   Go Up