ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some new esoteric rack goodies (Peavey Valverb and Tube Works Tube Driver)  (Read 5530 times)

Version_6

Picked these up for $200 for the both from a guy I am doing a pedal repair for.

Gotta say, I'm loving the Valverb. It's like the guts of an old 60s combo in rack form. Tube driven spring reverb with a 3 band EQ for the wet signal to really fine tune the mix, tube driven tremolo for that Classic pulse and an extra tube gain stage so it can be used as a boost on the front end of an amp for that Classic 60s surf and rockabilly tone.

The tube driver is an interesting device too. Cool starved plate tube distortion, not scooped sounding like the original pedals and has a very 'brown sound' kinda thing going on.

These are now headed for the rack in my desk so I can route them to any amps I'm working with.
Amps; In the rack- Triaxis, Simul 2:90, G System, Maxon OD808, Digitech Bad Monkey, Sennheiser EW100
Heads- Rev G Dual Rectifier, 5150II, miscellaneous junkers
Combos- Marshall JTM30 210, BWM Chimp MK2

Guitars; Many.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Go Six very cool  :thumb-up: , never seen a peavy valveverb before, better looking than their other stuff ! But they do make good gear.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Me neither,oh well you learn every day  8)

Version_6

They only made them for about a year in the early 90s. They've got kind of a cult following now because they're comparable to a Fender tube reverb unit in terms of sound and build but with the added sweet trem and gain control.
Amps; In the rack- Triaxis, Simul 2:90, G System, Maxon OD808, Digitech Bad Monkey, Sennheiser EW100
Heads- Rev G Dual Rectifier, 5150II, miscellaneous junkers
Combos- Marshall JTM30 210, BWM Chimp MK2

Guitars; Many.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

The Tube Driver is awesome....TS9Dlx in Rack format.
But that DualRec is also a nice monster....
BTW (and slightly OT....)....here's some nice read on the vaunted Pre-500 tone and how to mod later Revisions to get there:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=58838
Pages: [1]   Go Up