ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No MP-1 repair or service from the new ADA company  (Read 3812 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter

A few day ago after seeing on here that ADA was back in business I was eager to see what their service rates were if I needed them. I was surprised to find their answer when they wrote me back ( see attached ).

The only good news is that the guy Tony Marra on that list actually lives right here in Las Vegas where I do and we know each other!!!
 :banana-dance: I had no idea he could service ADA stuff but what a small world!

Despite this for myself, I'm just curious as to why these guys wouldn't service the MP-1s?
Anyone's thoughts?

Also I wonder if the new company has any former ADA employees or how this new company came about?

Curious what some of our senior members think  :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

vansinn

ADA Amps is headed by Dave Tarnowsky, the creator of ADA back in the days.
I have no idea as to their size or staff, or to what they will or won't.

I could speculate that they might not have enough spare part stocks to service older ADA gear, and that they might wish to focus on their new products, rather than keep servicing discontinued gear from the former, long since defunct, business - which is quite common business strategy..

It may a bugger for old customers when a biz takes the line of not providing services to discontinued products; however, there can be very good reasons for doing so, like not spending energy, time and money on tooling up for services that aren't productive and in line with a new business strategy.

I too would prefer being able to get service, but.. this is a very common strategy.
Some decides to not provide technical documentation or firmware; hardly even replying questions at all, while others, like i.e. Lexicon, while not providing any services, do provides full documentation and service manuals for those wishing to service gear themselves (or hire a technician).
ADA Amps may have chosen not to provide services, but do reply with a list of references. Whatever.. mileage always will vary; good we aren't on Mars..
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter

ADA Amps is headed by Dave Tarnowsky, the creator of ADA back in the days.
I have no idea as to their size or staff, or to what they will or won't.

I could speculate that they might not have enough spare part stocks to service older ADA gear, and that they might wish to focus on their new products, rather than keep servicing discontinued gear from the former, long since defunct, business - which is quite common business strategy..

It may a bugger for old customers when a biz takes the line of not providing services to discontinued products; however, there can be very good reasons for doing so, like not spending energy, time and money on tooling up for services that aren't productive and in line with a new business strategy.

I too would prefer being able to get service, but.. this is a very common strategy.
Some decides to not provide technical documentation or firmware; hardly even replying questions at all, while others, like i.e. Lexicon, while not providing any services, do provides full documentation and service manuals for those wishing to service gear themselves (or hire a technician).
ADA Amps may have chosen not to provide services, but do reply with a list of references. Whatever.. mileage always will vary; good we aren't on Mars..

Well I am grateful that MP-1 are not only pretty easy to find now but for the fact that we have this forum with the great tech support on here! While there may not be new parts I myself am buying more ADAs working or not so that I can have a back up of parts. And I'm really lucky that a guy right here in Vegas has schematics and is knowledgeable.   ;D

But I completely understand and see what you are saying van simm  :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter
Pages: [1]   Go Up