ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 READS "ERROR"  (Read 16361 times)

RandallRG

MP-1 READS "ERROR"
« on: Time Format »

Hey guys hows it going? I have a chance to pick up another MP-1 through a Trade (a Killer Trade) & the Dude who has it says it Powers ON fine & then reads "Error"? Is anyone familiar with this? Is it common on these at certain times for them to read this? Would this be a BIG Problem possibly or by it reading "Error" is it a easy fix or ? Just seeing if it's worth getting or not? Any Info/Help I sure would appreciate! Thanks! Steve \m/  :metal:
« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

darralld

Re: MP-1 READS "ERROR"
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

It may be as simple as resetting the midi mapping. I would mess with it before the trade and see. Is it giving an error code? I think the MP-1 gives a code and they have them listed in the manual.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

let us know what error code it gives,it can be 1,2 or 3 or all in sequence.If that's the case it's usually a dead battery.

RandallRG

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

darralld & Marshall thanks guys! I don't have it with me & I am trying to get the info from the Dude who owns it. That would be great if its an easy fix like the battery or Re entering the Midi Etc. I asked him if it reads "Err 1" or 2 or 3 ??? We shall see. But if it reads one of these I would think it is safe to say (Hopefully that it's not a Dead unit & can probably be fixed) Thanks Dudes!! \m/  :metal:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Also ask him if it counts from C1 to C128 at startup,if it does it's usually a dead battery.

RandallRG

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Also ask him if it counts from C1 to C128 at startup,if it does it's usually a dead battery.
Yeah I already asked him on this & he said NO...Just "Error"  ;D

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

There has to be an Err number,i never saw an mp-1 with Error on the display.

RandallRG

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

There has to be an Err number,i never saw an mp-1 with Error on the display.
Yeah for sure! LOL! That's why I am finding out Exactly what it says before I do anything! Thanks Man! \m/

RandallRG

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

O.K. YES he said....."Yes it goes through all of the Channels and then acts like its ready to go but doesn't" Sound like a Battery? Thanks  :metal:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

OK seems like a dead battery.When you get it,start it up.Then press the STORE button and then BANK + 1 button together.This will load the factory presets.29 presets if it has the V1 eprom,69 for the V2 eprom.

RandallRG

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Marshall I just wanted to THANK YOU SIR for all of the help you have been giving me...it is very much appreciated! When you put a New set of Tubes in I know they are probably already "Burned In" how long should you let your MP-1 "warm up" before each time you use it?  Thanks...\m/

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

No problem,glad i could help.

There is no real "time" you need to wait.These are preamp tubes,it's not the same as power tubes were you need to wait like a minute or 2 before you switch off the standby switch.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

RandallRG

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

No problem,glad i could help.

There is no real "time" you need to wait.These are preamp tubes,it's not the same as power tubes were you need to wait like a minute or 2 before you switch off the standby switch.
Cool Thanks Marshall..\m/

RandallRG

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

OK seems like a dead battery.When you get it,start it up.Then press the STORE button and then BANK + 1 button together.This will load the factory presets.29 presets if it has the V1 eprom,69 for the V2 eprom.
Hey Marshall well it's FINALLY on the way here & with today's Holiday & all should be here in a few days. I will keep you posted & let you know exactly what it is reading & doing. As you know I mentioned to you that it has the Battery Mod done to it so changing the Battery will be a breeze & Hopefully that will solve the problem! If so that would be great considering what I got this unit for!!! Thanks Buddy! \m/

RandallRG

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Marshall hey Buddy how are you? Well my MP-1 got here today & it looks really good. You were right all it needed was a Battery (Thanks!) so I put a new one in & she is working great! You were right about you not doing the Mod on it but to my suprise it not only has the 4-MK II Mod but it also has the Battery & Noise Mod to WOW! :banana-trip: (LOL!!) I spoke to the guy that did the Mods (he knows you or heard of you) his name is Paul Blankenship...sound familiar? Anyway he told me he did some MP-1 Mods a few years ago & this unit was one of them so this really worked out to be a Killer deal for sure. I checked out the unit & it looks really good the ONLY thing I see that is missing (& I hope you have one?) is the Front Gold/Brass looking Bracket that holds the (2) Front Screws between the "0" & "1" & also holds (1) Top & (1) Bottom Screw. Below is a picture of it so you can check it out. I sent you a E-Mail also. Well like Always Marshall I really appreciate the Help & Info that you guys give around here..This is a Great Site!! Steve \m/
**Pic of the "Missing" Bracket**

**Mesa Tubes**

**Battery Mod**

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up