Other ADA Gear > ADA Effects

Getting Delayed with A/DA

<< < (2/4) > >>

rnolan:
Hey Harley, when inverted outs started appearing on stomp pedals (I bought a Korg digital chorus and a digital delay way back then)  then started using 2 amps to get the benefit (similar to your idea of using one B200s channel for the inverted signal), as I said though down side is missing one side of the tail end of the MP-1 signal chain.  As you know I'm a fan of using a small mixer (or line mixer) in a guitar rig, just makes it all easier IMHO.

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Richard,

Yeah, I know that would be easier to use with a mixer, but I'm not putting on in my rack, (although I could do that very easily).
 I'm just trying to figure out how ADA intended for it to be used in a live rig. Maybe the D4 up front, and connected to two amps? That would work just as easily.

rnolan:
Hey Harley, it is a bit perplexing what they intended  :dunno: .  Though it was a time when many rack Fxs were going stereo eg SPX 90 mono in stereo out.  Maybe their intention was if you'd bought it to use in a PA setup ? or like you say into 2 amps (like how I ran the Korg pedals).  Did they come out when the MP-1 still had the top inst/line lv switch ? if so the 2 amp idea makes some sense ?  Unfortunately, we didn't get any of the ADA fxs in Oz. The importer (Pro Audio) just brought in MP-1, MB-1, MP-2, B200s, B500B. and G500s and split stacks, then they started making the cabs here under license (which is how I ended up with slant split stacks loaded with 90w boogie 8 ohm celestians, I wanted the cabs to be 4 ohm and the boogies where the only 8 ohm celestians I could get at the time).

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Richard,

Actually, the Digitizers were introduced the year before the MP-1 came out and they remained the only delay ADA was making until 1988. I think they discontinued them in late '88 or early '89. They also discontinued the Pitchtraq and the MQ-1 at the same time as the Digitizer 4. That was when ADA decided they weren't going to make signal processors anymore, just amplification systems.
   Yes, I do remember there were a lot of effects that had that cabling configuration, mono in, two channel out. Lexicon PCM 70 is like that, so was the Digitech DSP128.
   At the time the MP-1 was introduced, amplifiers at that time still didn't have effects loops in them yet. That didn't start showing up in amplifiers two years later. That's another thing that I credit ADA for bringing into the market with the introduction of the MP-1.
 So I believe effects like the D4 were probably intended to go into the front end of a guitar amp just like the stomp boxes at the time, unless of course as you said, it was used in a mixing desk, which would have given you a cleaner application of the effects.

MarshallJMP:
Never saw an MQ-1 without midi.The MQ-1 design was sold to rane and it became the MPE14 , although it wasen't 100% a MQ-1 most of the design was taken over and Rane added some stuff to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version