• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

ADA MB1 Version 1.15 Troubleshooting

Started by Andrea86, May 21, 2014, 04:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshallJMP

I'll check it out in the weekend,i'll look for possible sollutions.Sorry it didn't work out with the SS2120.

rnolan

Quote from: Andrea86 on May 29, 2014, 08:45:21 AM
i've tried as you told but if i am at 1,5:1 or 40:1 ratio, the noise is the same so i think it's more difficult that we think...
thanks a lot anyway, for all your support :)
No worries, happy to help and very interested in what MJMP can suggest.  But don't let it stop you doing the other upgrades (in the order I'd do them - Tubes (Mmm NOS RCAs', melt me... :thumb-up: ), EPROM, MDRT), they'll all help in their ways for everything else.  Worst case scenario (although I'm sure you'll get the compressor sorted out), is leave it out and use  (if you want compression) an out board compressor ?, you could run it it one of the MB1 loops, probably the first one, but I need to check Peters flow post....
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Andrea86

I've bought a couple of EDISVAN TUBES (very similar to Mullard), great stuff!!!! Even better than RCA in my opinion... Anyway I'm waiting for an answer in these days about the ADA. I keep fingers crossed :)
Thanks

rnolan

Cool, glad you got the tubes sorted, even better you like them more than the RCAs', has your new EPROM arrived ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Andrea86

Not yet. I'm still waiting for some news from JMP about the compression problem. Still fingers crossed eheheheheheh

MarshallJMP

Well it could be U14 (TC9164N),U2 or U29.Now i'm only guessing here,it's hard to diagnose without seeing the unit.

Andrea86

ok thank you so much. i will try to change these units as soon as possible and i'll let you know :)

MarshallJMP

BTW U14 is in a socket,the rest is soldered.

Andrea86

i've putted the TC9164N but it's all the same... :(
I've changed the EPROM too (i've bought the 2.05 version) but when i start on the screen there's written this:
8.8.8.8. and all lights' on... don't you know why?