ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from the Desert  (Read 4165 times)

2Below

Hello from the Desert
« on: Time Format »

Hello everyone!

First off, thank you very much to MJMP for helping me get my forum registration all sorted out! Thank you sir!

I am totally new to the ADA MP-1 world. I started playing guitar back in 1990 on a Washburn A-5V and a Fender Squier 8" combo amp. So I am guessing that I started playing right around the peak of the ADA MP-1, but I wasn't even close to being ready for a piece of gear like that back then. When I was ready for a new amp in the mid 90's, solid state seemed to be the thing, and I got a Crate GX-160. Throughout the years I have acquired all kinds of amps. Dual Rectifier, 6505, 5150III 50W, Mark V:25, and even an Orange Micro Dark. I saw a video from the last NAMM show, and was about the Rack is Back. Searching about rack gear led me to videos and what not about the ADA MP-1. Long story short, I kept peaking at eBay, and pulled the trigger on one.

It's in pretty nice shape. It was made in 1990. I believe it still had the original tubes in it (the ones that just said 12AX7 in red). I've replaced the tubes with TAD tubes. It does have a really bad scratchy sound coming through the speakers when on a high gain preset. Sounds like the pots are really gunked up. I'm going to use contact cleaner on all of the jacks and pots, and hopefully that does the trick. Then it's off to the amp tech to do full check up and do the battery mod. After that, it's time to have some fun with thing and see what I've been missing.

I'll be picking your brains around here for sure.

Thanks guys!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Hello from the Desert
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hello 2Below  :wave:

Welcome to the Depot! You'll enjoy the MP-1 once you get it ready to go. You can't pick my brains though, I only have two brain cells left, and I'm saving them for the WEEKEND  ;D

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey 2Below, welcome  :thumb-up: glad MJMP got you sorted.  The battery mod will give you a clean state/slate to start off with as it wipes any stored programs.  Check you have the latest (last) EPROM (v2.01) this is displayed when you turn the MP1 on.  If you don't have the latest EPROM you can get one from MJMP (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

2Below

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Thanks guys! Mine is version 1.38. Already got the 2.01 coming. Looking forward to getting this thing up and running.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot 2Below!

Can't wait to get your initial opinions on the tones from your MP-1, once you get it up & running. Yer family now  :waving-banana-smiley-emoticon

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Ahoy fellow desert dweller  -  I'm Las Vegas, where are you from my friend?
Great forum we have found here, so excited about all the info for the ADA  :banana:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

(I wrote late, sorry) Hello! Welcome to the depot  :headbanger: .
Pages: [1]   Go Up