ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow never heard of this one Folks!  (Read 7338 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
Wow never heard of this one Folks!
« on: Time Format »

Hey everyone - have a look at what I just found on Reverb!!!

https://reverb.com/item/1667282-ada-quad-tube-150-m-1998

When did this come out???? Man this thing looks cool! And I never saw even one press release or ever heard a single thing about this amp! Give me some info Folks - I want to hear all about it!  :o
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Wow never heard of this one Folks!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Kim has one, do a search on the forum. If you want I can send you the manual for it. It's a sort of MP-2 with a sort of MT200 power section in a 2 x 12" combo.(in stereo).There is also the tritube 75 which is the mono 1 x 12" version of the quadtube.

Here's a link for you   http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=449.0

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I have one!   :whoohoo!:  Happy Dance, Happy Dance.

There's a whole section here for the ADA Combo Amps.
I've seen that one on Reverb for some time.  Too bad they won't ship it; I'm sure it would have sold long ago....I'd buy it to have another.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Kim has one, do a search on the forum. If you want I can send you the manual for it. It's a sort of MP-2 with a sort of MT200 power section in a 2 x 12" combo.(in stereo).There is also the tritube 75 which is the mono 1 x 12" version of the quadtube.

Here's a link for you   http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=449.0

Man this must have come out towards the end of the company I'm assuming. I don't how I could have missed this!!
Yes I would love the manual for it although I'm not able to get this one, my money is wrapped up at the moment on two MP-1s and a Mesa power amp. But I will keep an eye out for others. I'll give you my mailing address MarshallJMP!!  :thumb-up:

Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I have one!   :whoohoo!:  Happy Dance, Happy Dance.

There's a whole section here for the ADA Combo Amps.
I've seen that one on Reverb for some time.  Too bad they won't ship it; I'm sure it would have sold long ago....I'd buy it to have another.

OhBoy  - do tell!! So what kind of tone, speakers, what do you like/don't like if you don't mind Kim  ;D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

OhBoy  - do tell!! So what kind of tone, speakers, what do you like/don't like if you don't mind Kim  ;D

Well, it has what I call "Standard Issue" speakers: the Celestion G12T-75.  Lots of people don't care for that speaker, but there must be a reason why they're everywhere.   Wouldn't be any trouble to swap them for whatever you'd normally prefer, but they are 8 ohms each and therefore should only be replaced with another 8 ohm speaker.  Myself?  I'll leave them alone simply because I'm used to (and actually like) how G12T-75 speakers sound after they're properly broken in...but I wouldn't discourage others from changing them to something they would personally bond with better.

Tone-wise, it seems every bit of what the MP-2/Microtube would offer through a 2x12 cab except the Quad Tube has a VariCab option (instead of the Wah option the MP-2 has) to make the combo really bulk up to a full 4x12 sound.  It's an absolute beast, and is so much louder than I would ever need it to be.  Shit you not, my main rhythm patch will shake up every room in my house at less than 12:00 on the Volume knob.   :o    Definitely gig-worthy, but I won't let it leave the house just because it's too darn rare.

I already posted a thread with good pics of it HERE.  Check it out!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Well, it has what I call "Standard Issue" speakers: the Celestion G12T-75.  Lots of people don't care for that speaker, but there must be a reason why they're everywhere.   Wouldn't be any trouble to swap them for whatever you'd normally prefer, but they are 8 ohms each and therefore should only be replaced with another 8 ohm speaker.  Myself?  I'll leave them alone simply because I'm used to (and actually like) how G12T-75 speakers sound after they're properly broken in...but I wouldn't discourage others from changing them to something they would personally bond with better.

Tone-wise, it seems every bit of what the MP-2/Microtube would offer through a 2x12 cab except the Quad Tube has a VariCab option (instead of the Wah option the MP-2 has) to make the combo really bulk up to a full 4x12 sound.  It's an absolute beast, and is so much louder than I would ever need it to be.  Shit you not, my main rhythm patch will shake up every room in my house at less than 12:00 on the Volume knob.   :o    Definitely gig-worthy, but I won't let it leave the house just because it's too darn rare.

I already posted a thread with good pics of it HERE.  Check it out!

Great review Kim!!! Almost got me wanting to snag that thing other than I have a lot of money tied up right now.  :thumb-up:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

kawai2g4b

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

I happen to own a Tritube.  I can echo everything Kim said about his Quad-Tube minus the details on the chorus (1 speaker=no stereo chorus heaven). Mine is being used as a recording amp for cleans at the moment as the cab sims work really well for direct applications.  Although I'm not a big fan of the one speaker combo amp layout, this one makes my cut.  Does everything just short of doom and is very portable!
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

I happen to own a Tritube.  I can echo everything Kim said about his Quad-Tube minus the details on the chorus (1 speaker=no stereo chorus heaven). Mine is being used as a recording amp for cleans at the moment as the cab sims work really well for direct applications.  Although I'm not a big fan of the one speaker combo amp layout, this one makes my cut.  Does everything just short of doom and is very portable!

I wouldn't mind the one speaker, a little easier to move around for a club/gigging amp. Good to know though!!  :thumb-up:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Danny, send me an email and I'll email the manual.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey Danny, send me an email and I'll email the manual.

Awesome!

Thank you very much MarshallJMP!!!  :D
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

You've got mail. I also deleted your email address.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

You've got mail. I also deleted your email address.

Thank you MJMP! And it's ok if my emails up if Folks want to talk or whatever. And thanks for the manual!!  :thumb-up:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Well it's sometimes a bit dangerous to get spam etc... people can click on the email icon to send you an email.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Email address harvesting is probably the bigger worry/risk, this is why some list addresses using "dot" instead of "." etc (not that that stops the more sophisticated bots, e.g. these days the bots are better at CAPTCHA entries than humans  :facepalm: ). The depot gets trawled by at least 7 crawlers (bots) pretty much continuously.  While this is predominantly for search engines to index stuff (well it started that way), they also gather as much other information as possible and sell it.  Now I/we can not allow the crawlers but then when someone does a search for relevant ADA information, depot posts wont turn up in their results.

When we got belted by spam a while ago the fake posts the bots put up (hundreds of them  :facepalm: ) were designed to satisfy bot keyword searches to get site ratings up and make click through $s.

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up