ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 "CHORUS".......AWESOME OR ???  (Read 10737 times)

RandallRG

MP-1 "CHORUS".......AWESOME OR ???
« on: Time Format »

Hey Dudes whats going on? Just wondering who might agree with me on this topic? Of course there are a Zillion different Companies out there who build all types of Processors/Effects/Pedals/Etc that it's almost impossible to ever get & try all of them out in a Lifetime! (LOL!) I do have to say (This is my feeling about it anyway) that the "MP-1" HAS SOME OF THE BEST SOUNDING CHORUS OUT THERE EVER....P-E-R-I-O-D!! Who's with me? The more I get into it & do some "Tweaking" even on the Factory "Pre-Sets" especially with the "Depth" around 90-100 & the "Rate" around 0.1 to ? it sounds Killer! Of course there are a Million different Threads on the "MP-1" & it's very interesting how some say it's a "Great" Sounding "Pre-Amp" while others will Totally Disagree & say it's Not! To each is own. It's to "Thin" Sounding not "Heavy" enough...it's got "NO BALLS"/"Bass". It sounds to "Processed" Etc. I am here to say that I am one very "Stoked" MP-1 Owner & will have my MP-1 until it's time for me to fly Dude! Being VERY HEAVILY into 80's Gear (Randall  :metal:) & M-E-T-A-L it puts me right in my 80's Metal with NO problem @ all & does it F-A-S-T! It was very cool back in the day to see how many Awesome & Talented "Shredders" out there like Gilbert/Nuno/Friedman/Hammett/Bratta & of course Jason Becker & so on used it in there rigs! Just curious who might feel anywhere near me on this? Or if you have some "Negative" Input on the "MP-1" (no matter what it is) I for one would like to hear it? This site is Awesome! Thanks again & Take It Easy.....Always remember....."LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/
« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP-1 "CHORUS".......AWESOME OR ???
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, I suspect you'll find many others here who agree with you, lots of die hard ADA supporters  :thumb-up: .  I loved my MP1 and the chorus (when I used it).  I do prefer my MP2 for a number of reasons although I miss the MP1, one day I'll buy another MP1 and add it to the rack.  Trevor Rabin (I believe) is another ADA user (YES, Owner of a Lonely Heart etc) and his solo albums have some great tones.  I'm hoping ADA will do a MP3 which combines all their good stuff in say a 2RU unit but for now they seem to be focused on the APP1.  Anyway, it's great you are enjoying yours so much.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kawai2g4b

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I'm with you on the MP-1 chorus.  It really does one-up my chorus/flanger in my Ibanez UE400, which because of the MP-1, only runs on the flanger setting now.  I have had great luck nailing Trouble's chorused guitar tones with just the MP-1 and my Aria Pro PE-R80.  I was never really a chorus guy until I heard my ADA and Ibanez gear in stereo.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I thought the chorus for the MP-1 and the Gallien-Krueger 250rl/ml and 2000cpl were the best I've ever heard...  I've spent a few years hoping to find something similar... the closest thing I have found has been the Carl Martin Chorus XII.  Very warm, smooth and big stereo spread... Michael Thompson digs his:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pePodDSPMMo
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

RandallRG

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I'm with you on the MP-1 chorus.  It really does one-up my chorus/flanger in my Ibanez UE400, which because of the MP-1, only runs on the flanger setting now.  I have had great luck nailing Trouble's chorused guitar tones with just the MP-1 and my Aria Pro PE-R80.  I was never really a chorus guy until I heard my ADA and Ibanez gear in stereo.
I am with you Brother! It brought me back to my 80's M-e-t-a-l & I knew right away as soon as I heard it....That it was just "That Sound" I was looking for!  :metal: I am sure you know what I mean when I say "it's got that sound" that will just keep me jamming for as long as my fingers will let me & not put my Axe down! It would be so "VERY COOL" if somehow the "MP-1" came back into production. I think even in today's world of a Zillion Guitar Effects Processors Etc that the "MP-1" would still be among the "Top-Selling" Units! Maybe I need to get with Marshall get some "MAJOR FUNDING" going & get this Ball Rolling! LOL....What do ya think?  Hey Marshall??....let me know Buddy!! :thumb-up: \m/

RandallRG

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I thought the chorus for the MP-1 and the Gallien-Krueger 250rl/ml and 2000cpl were the best I've ever heard...  I've spent a few years hoping to find something similar... the closest thing I have found has been the Carl Martin Chorus XII.  Very warm, smooth and big stereo spread... Michael Thompson digs his:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pePodDSPMMo
Thanks for the link Brother. It was a Very Cool Video with some great sounds! \m/

kawai2g4b

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

And to think I passed on a Carl Martin Chorus XII at a good price at a music go round.  That thing sounds great.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

And to think I passed on a Carl Martin Chorus XII at a good price at a music go round.  That thing sounds great.

Ha!  You never know 'til ya try!  It's very "dark" sounding... VERY similar to the Gallien-Krueger stuff, and does remind me of the MP-1.

I got mine cheap because one of the foot buttons was broken, and it's now getting fixed.  Should get it back tomorrow...

-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Randall

You may always give me major funding  :lol:

RandallRG

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Randall

You may always give me major funding  :lol:
LOL! No problem Buddy!  :thumb-up:

W.Laturno

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Yep, hands down the MP1 chorus is the best sounding one I've used.

I miss mine ( it is not working on my MP-1 right now, but that's the next project ! )

I wish there was a way I could change the chorus in the MP-2 to be jsut like the MP-1  ;)

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Yep, hands down the MP1 chorus is the best sounding one I've used.
I wish there was a way I could change the chorus in the MP-2 to be jsut like the MP-1  ;)

No kidding... I wish there was a dedicated ADA Chorus unit lifted straight from the MP-1 in a rack format.
-Adam

RandallRG

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Man the more I "Tweak" the Depth & Rate...the better this Unit sounds!  You can really get some KILLER SOUNDING CHORUS!:whoohoo!:

El Chiguete

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

So what chorus settings do you guys use?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

I use mostly;rate 0.3 to 0.6 and depth between 20 and 35.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up