ADA Preamps > MP-1 Patches

Preset 45

(1/2) > >>

bognerfish:
Hi, a lot of people buy the ADA-MP1 to get the same tone as Michael Wagner- myself included. On many forums and youtube videos people say he used 'preset 45'. I also read his software version was 1.38.

I also have software version 1.38, but my ADA only has presets 1-29 (even when restoring to factory default).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

rnolan:
Hey Gerry, original version 1.xx only had 29 presets.  If MW is using v1.38 and also using #45 for a preset then it was a custom patch he created himself.  V2.xx EPROM upgrade included 40 additional presets.  Some are repeats with slight tweaks to suit either split stacks or vintage split stacks: So 30 - 39 Split stacks and 60 - 69 for Vintage split stacks i.e. (as the v2 MP-1 manual states Bank 3 were designed for Split stacks and Bank 6 for Vintage split stacks.

V2.xx #45 Solid Jazz is/was a new patch.  The V1 MP-1 manual listed the patch values for the 29 presets, V2 manual doesn't, it just list the names, so you'd need to get someone with V2 to list the settings.  If I get time maybe I'll dig out my V2 MP-1 and list the settings (like I did for MP-2). However, if MW is (as you say) using v1.38, then #45 isn't a factory patch so you'd need to find out what his settings are for it. 

It's probably a good idea to buy a V2.01 EPROM from MJMP (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm) and install it, easy to do (see attached release notes) and that will give you all the later presets (including #45 Solid Jazz).  V2 also included midi dump and load capability so you can store and load patches to/from your PC.  And will also let you use the MidiCtrlSWSetup1.1.3 program to program the MP-1 from your PC (if you wanted to). 

Did you solve the issue with your rack cover/lid?? (back in 2018)

rnolan:
BTW I found this in an old post Michael Wagner Patch (OD1: 4 0D2: 5.5 B:12 M:6 t:6 p:12) The post is (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=378.msg2649#msg2649).

Micky:
That sound was not only the mp-1.
Had a PEQ-3 before, a McIntosh power amp after, the hands of Nuno, Vito, Scott & Dave and their guitars

rnolan:
Absolutely, the sound is a combination of all the bits and pieces, and how (and what) you play makes a huge difference

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version