Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Greetings!

(1/4) > >>

potomuss:
I forgot to introduce myself when I joined. In my defense I was focused on repairing my MB-1 so...

I've been an ADA player since '93. Thousands of gigs on my MB-1 and it never once let me down. Heck it's so dependable I never even owned a backup amp. Recently I sold my original unit and used the funds to purchase another identical unit with the must have mods. It arrives in a few days so I can't wait to hear it. Being without an MB-1 for a whole week just seemed strange. I don't think I'll ever want to be without one.

Beyond that I grew up a straight up rock bassist with a love of most other forms of music. I also dig synthesizers. Some of my favorite bands are Rush, Kings X, Cheap Trick, Tesla, Beatles. I was exposed to jazz via Jaco and find a lot of nice things to listen to in that world, although I don't really have any favorites in particular. Not a fan of EDM, rap or county.

MarshallJMP:
Hi and welcome!!

Dante:
WELCOME to the Depot!

:wave: :wave:

potomuss:
Thanks guys! You've already been so very helpful! Thank you again!

rnolan:
Hey potomuss, welcome (retrospectively LoL  :wave: ), Peter will also be happy there's another MB1 user in our midst  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon: .  I have 2 MB1s (not that I play bass that much, I did for a while while our bass player had hiatus.  I bought the 2 MB1s and the B500B and sent them to MJMP for MDRT and whatever else they needed.  Great bass preamp and also not bad for clean guitar.  You'll love it I'm sure when it arrives  :thumb-up:   I have one in my studio rack and the other in my live rack (along with MP2s).  I'm still debating what to do with B500B as it has a US transformer and also shipping to Australia from anywhere is so expensive.  Maybe check with MJMP what it would cost to send it to you and make me an offer  :dunno: .  If I come across an MXC I'll let you know.  The MXC, expression pedal and quad switch work quite well with the MB1 (with the MB1 v2.05 EPROM), but you could also use other midi pedals (eg FCB1010).  v2.05 has some continuous control capability (have a read in the MB1 posts).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version