Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

What the hell is that?! Possible "prototype"?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Harley Hexxe:
I vaguely remember those 4x4 pedals now that I see a pic of one again. I also remember thinking at the time, that I didn't like the slider switch on a foot pedal for switching MIDI, that it wasn't a practical pedal for me.

It looks like Kim got his hands on one of the first Vipers before they officially went into production, or at least it's a very strong possibility.

Harley 8)

MarshallJMP:
Strange they put it in different housings, I wonder why. We seem to have 2 prototypes already.

Harley Hexxe:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on October 18, 2016, 09:21:57 AM ---Strange they put it in different housings, I wonder why. We seem to have 2 prototypes already.

--- End quote ---

They were experimenting, and used what was on hand at the time of development to see if they could get it to work in a real time live situation. More than likely, they hadn't decided on the footswitch functions and features yet. That's why you have a DS-4 switch that was modified for this amp. They may have wanted to add another function to the foot switch, but decided against it later on in the testing of the amp. With these combo amps, it seems ADA wanted to streamline and simplify their equipment line so it would appeal to the simple minds that were dominating the music scene at the time. You have to remember in the 90's the Grunge scene was pooh-poohing anyone who used rack gear at the time.

Harley 8)

MarshallJMP:
yeah could be, I wonder were Jur got it from ?

Harley Hexxe:
   If I remember this right, didn't Jur buy all the leftover stock parts from ADA as a bulk package? That was probably thrown in with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version