ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADADepot.com? Something else?  (Read 9486 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
ADADepot.com? Something else?
« on: Time Format »

Guys,

I just want to open a dialog with y'all about this forum and where it will eventually reside. I have emailed van Sinn and so have several other folks, but so far, we have not gotten any response. I do hope he is doing okay, and just dropped off the grid for awhile.

Worst-case scenario; we never get control of ADADepot.com, which is not really a catastrophe at all - there are many other domains we could get that would still work fine for us. Whattya think would be our best bet?

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
Re: ADADepot.com? Something else?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I'll see if I can call Van Sinn this weekend. I must have his tel. no. somewhere
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

SAN

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

First of all, Dante...youre the man!!  O0
No worries about the domain name. The site adadepot.com is registered to my name and I still pay a yearly fee for this domainname....actually hoping that something like this would happen. At first of course hoping that the old site with all info could be restored. I do hope that VanSinn still has the old data.

I will reply to yer mail today Dante, but man,..this is awesome!!! :banana-guitar: :banana-trip: :banana-rasta:

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Yay to the ADADepot domainname being save :homer:

This means I can still keep wearing the T-shirts  8)
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

+1 on the t shirts,i also have a bunch of these and about 400 stickers  :thumb-up:

San thanks for keeping the name,if you ever are in the neighborhood i'll buy you ALOT of beers  ;D

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

UPDATE: Sander has come through, we are now using the ADADepot.com domain (Thanks San!!!)

I know this is just a barre skeleton of what the old Depot once was, but we will get some help from reinforcements to get this place back up to the valuable resource we all miss dearly.

Afro power: ACTIVATE  O0

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

This is just marvelous!!!  :whoohoo!:

I think my banana will explode right now...  :banana-trip:
                  :banana-upsidedown:
EMGs suck my energies.

SAN

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Look's like we're in business again!!  :thumb-up: :wave: :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :metal: :metal:

Barend

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hi all,

Great to stumble upon the reincarnation of ADADepot... My name is Barend, and Jurrie was one of my closest friends, having made music together for more than 15 years and tinkering and fiddling with equipment together. I also designed the ADADepot logo and banner for Jurrie, and the stickers for the 3Tube Mod.

I'm not much of a guitar player myself and have actually finally decided to sell off Jurrie's ADA gear that I have lying around in the studio - but I wanted to sign up anyway just to let you guys know how cool I think it is that Jurrie's spirit is still haunting the interwebs.

Cheers.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Nice to meet you, Barend. We all miss Jurrie very much around here, as I'm sure you do too. Please feel free to hang out & make some friends...many of the fellas here are Jurrie's old pals too.

Take Care & I look forward to chattin' with you

Dante

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hi all,

Great to stumble upon the reincarnation of ADADepot... My name is Barend, and Jurrie was one of my closest friends, having made music together for more than 15 years and tinkering and fiddling with equipment together. I also designed the ADADepot logo and banner for Jurrie, and the stickers for the 3Tube Mod.

I'm not much of a guitar player myself and have actually finally decided to sell off Jurrie's ADA gear that I have lying around in the studio - but I wanted to sign up anyway just to let you guys know how cool I think it is that Jurrie's spirit is still haunting the interwebs.

Cheers.
Hi Barend, nice to meet you, Jur was an amazing guy and very missed by us all.  I had some great email conversations with him, mostly about different ways to record his singer.  If you are selling his ADA gear, maybe post it on this site in the ADA gear for sale section.
Warm regards Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Hamer95USA

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante,

Thanks for restoring the ADA Depot website. If you can get some of the original board members to contribute their data, it would be great. It would also be cool if we can get Hairston to come back and participate in some of the discussions as well. Good to see some of the original board members have found this website. I noticed you're in the northern California Bay Area as I am as well. We'll have to have some beers and maybe you can come out to one of my shows.

Guitar George

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

George!

Nice to see you - I'd gladly take a trip to the Bay Area to say hi to you, beer or not (although I admit, I am very beer motivated)  :cheers:

I have some content from previous members who have gladly shared (thanks guys) and I plan on doing a mass dump (whoa..that sounds bad  :poop:) just after Christmas. I'm sure more will follow, once I get a library going. I'm very encouraged by some of the old members finding us in here. Very cool

DaveM

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Months and months ago I got an email from Van Sinn, and he had mentioned that the old server was NOT ruined and that he hoped to transfer all the data to another device. 

I never heard from him again.....
HEADS: Mesa Boogie Mark-IVa, Egnater TOL-50
RACK: ADA MP2, Peavey Classic 60/60
PEDALBOARD: Line6 M13, MXR Carbon Copy, Fulltone FD-2 MOSFET, "Slash" WAH, Morley Lil Alligator, Digitech Jamman
CABS: Avatar and Genz-Benz
GUITARS: Ibanez, Fender & Schecter
WIRELESS: Line 6 G50
STUDIO: Cubase 6.5, Focusrite interface, M-Audio MCU-PRO DAW controller, Novation Impulse controller, KRK monitors, AKG phones, reamping courtesy of Radial

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

You're not alone in that respect, Dave.

van Sinn chimed in as soon as I got this board going & said he'd be getting involved with the old contents...then, crickets chirping. Maybe he'll come around, but I wasn't willing to sit and wait any longer, I missed too many of the jokers in here (yourself included). I simply wanted to chat it up, regardless of whether or not I had all the old content in place.

We'll get there eventually
Pages: [1]   Go Up