ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.38  (Read 6446 times)

Challenger12R/T

« on: Time Format »

Is it worth it to upgrade to the v2.01? Thanks Rick

RobbHell

Re: 1.38
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Yes do it. Its cheap as hell and fixes the Midi glitches in changing channels.Plus you pull the old one out and drop in the new one that easy bro.

Challenger12R/T

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Cool thanks

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Mine is 1.38 also.  Anyone else able to back this up?  2.01 the best?  What about 2.05?

Are there any sound improvements at all or is it all midi advances?  You can do a bulk dump using ep rom v2.01 right?
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey RGerry, absolutely, all the firmware upgrades for ADA MP1/2 are worth doing as they each fix/improve different things, e.g. the last MP2 EPROM upgrade fixed the patch switching speed, it was noticeably sluggish (particularly compared to MP1 I'd come from), now much better.
MP1 upgrades all came with additional functionality, the last one has all the upgrades to that time (now 2.05).  I don't know these MP1 upgrades in detail, MJMP or others will no doubt fill the gap for us here.  Didn't some limited midi continuous control (CC) come in along the way ?
And they are easy to do and not to expensive (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm). To me, the EPROM upgrade to the latest available is a no brainer, do it if you can.  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Sweet man!!

I have one of these
Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller

I changed the ep-rom on that to allow for stomp box mode and more cc change so I have changed chips in my time  :)  Cool as then I shall get 2.05 for ADA MP1 NO1.  NO.2 which hasn't arrived yet from the states and has 2.01 EP-Rom already.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

RobbHell

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

2.01 is the last and.only update  for the MP1.2.05 is for the MB1.

RobbHell

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

There are no sound improvements involved with the (2.01) vs a (1.38) they function and sound exactly the same, ADA just fixed some switching and midi issues.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

no sweat, I'll get my No.1 Mp1 2.01 then.  Good stuff!!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Sorry RGerry, my bad, I had a quick look at MJMPs site and saw the 2.05 but as rob says the 2.01 is the last for the MP1.  There are some other posts where (IIRC) MJMP said what it fixed/changed. Again IIRC I think it added some limited CC functionality (but could be wishful thinking on my part  :crazy: ).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up