ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Serbia  (Read 1169 times)

neskob

Hello from Serbia
« on: Time Format »

Hi, I'm Bane, living in Serbia, got my Classic and matching MC1 footswitch few months ago.
As I'm a bit of a tinkerer, I've done some maintenance of the unit (battery) and complete rehaul of the MC1, which could be interesting as there is no info about it, even here. I've posted my journey in a MC1 repair topic, if a moderator thinks so, it could be moved to an appropriate sticky topic.
I'm very satisfied as a user, completing my childhood dreams and still bridging together hair metal and more usable tones (brown voicing). It has some quirks, as all vintage gear has, but for me it's simple enough for everyday use, mine stays in home studio though. Power amp used is either El84 Marshall clone, JCM 800 El34 or Bluguitar AMP1 SS power amp. Speakers used are usually Eminence (Tonker and Man-o-War) or Rola Celestion G12 80 (from a JCM combo).
Cheers  :headbanger:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Hello from Serbia
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Bane, and welcome to the Forum :wave:

I just read over your posts about the MC-1 restoration project. WAAAAAAY COOL :thumb-up:

Nice work, and also, the Classic! My favorite preamp for vintage amp tones. You got a good thing going my friend.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Bane, welcome to the depot  :wave:   As Harley says, great job on the MC-1 restoration.  I remember my MC-1 looking a bit worse for ware when I still had it.  It had done a ton of gigs and still worked fine.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Bane, welcome to the depot.

neskob

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks guys, I had a lot of time at hands, after COVID and all, so tinkering with my favorite pieces of kit was a strong second place (playing live is obvious first).
Luckily, MP1 Classic was in great condition, so I have a matching pair now  :)
@Harley - yes, I've always considered Classic as a at-least-two-or-three-trick-pony, especially when comparing with standard MP1, also having excellent noise gate was a slamdunk. For me, it's still as relevant as my other amps, like it's name says - classic O0
I'm so glad to be a part of this tight knit community, everybody seems very helpful and nice, as weird enthusiasts should be  :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e
Cheers!
Bane

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Bane,

I completely agree, the noise gate is a must have especially for high gain settings. Even with my original MP-1's, I use outboard noise gates on the outputs, or in the effects loops, depending how I have it set up.

The other big plus of the Classic in my book, is the stereo effects loops. I ran the left and right outputs of the original MP-1 into my Eventide and Lexicon processors until I got the MP-2, and then, the Classic.

To me, there was only one disappointment to the Classic, and that is the Chorus. It's not as lush as it's predecessors IMHO. It's okay though, I compensated with a S-1000 and a Digitizer 4 in one of my setups :o

No worries Bane, you already fit right in with the rest of us! Cheers back at ya :cheers:

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up