ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stereo FX  (Read 2033 times)

assquatch20

Stereo FX
« on: Time Format »

Hey there, long time admirer of ADA stuff here. I've got a split stack and a T100S in the mail, trying to piece together a wet/dry/wet setup. Probably gonna blow most of my budget on a '76 Super Lead and install a loop in it, but I may get something cheaper and more practical.

Either way, I'm interested in really good stereo effects like what Strymon is putting out these days. I figured I'd go for their Big Sky reverb or something like it first, but folks have been tempting me with the modern modeling stuff and its ease of use. I figured maybe an MP-1 or one of the other ADA units might do what I'm after, but I'm doubtful at this point that anything else can pull off such a variety. What effects does it have and how "stereo" do they get? Would there be a way to route this for w/d/w? Even if I don't go that way for effects it's tempting to pick one up for the preamp stuff. Found one with a MIDI switcher locally that I was tempted by but I'll probably dump all my current budget into an oversized dinosaur amp, it's a decent bargain for what it is at least.

Any help is appreciated.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Stereo FX
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey assquatch20, Both MP1 and MP2 can be run stereo.  It's kind of pseudo stereo as one channel is inverted 180 degrees but it works very well.  There's a bunch of ways you can patch your rig to include a decent stereo multi Fx. All the MPx units are very versatile and are capable a a wide variety of tones.  The MP2 is the most versatile and also includes more Fx.  Have a read of the manuals and there are plenty of posts regarding patching options in the various preamp areas.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up