ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA Forum ROCKS and other suck!!! lol  (Read 12738 times)

El Chiguete

Hi guys, I just have to say that this forums rocks! Since it came back alive (and before too) it has helped me in everything that has to do with ADA gear, in my guitar playing and music in general.

I've been a member and still am of other forums and thru the years the mood changes and sometimes I even havent made any comment or posted new stuff becaus I know how some people will not give positive or helpfull answers... really makes me want to kick their ass if I could BUT the members of this forum have allways been polite and helpfull on passing along the knowlage to new people instead of keeping it to themselves! And that is not only members beeing nice thru this virtual online world but also in person:

- I had the oportunity to travel to Europe in 2014 and I wrote to MarshallJMP to see if I could get a chance to meet him and he ended up inviting me to his home and I got the chance to spend a great afternoon talking with him just like we do over here AND even gave me a bottle of a kick ass local beer they make in his town (how cool is that!). I really wasn't expecting all of that from a person taht basicly has helped this brand to still be loved and used by all of us and many more people in the world.
- Another time Systematic Chaos spend most of an entire day (untill his wife talked him in to getting to bed lol) chatting and even thru webcam helping me out how to do something with my effects processor.
- Also you get people like rnolan from the oooooooooother side of the world explaning to all of us newbies how stuff work in detail to make us understand all that goes behind a topic that is being talked here in the forum.

Anyway I was thinking of posting this after new years but since is something I normally don't do I dismissed it, but this week I posted some stuff on some other forums and the feedback I had made me again remember how great is it over here.

Cheers.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: ADA Forum ROCKS and other suck!!! lol
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well EL i had a great afternoon, always great to talk person to person  :thumb-up:

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I completely agree with you El! :thumb-up:
The members on this forum do not act like the (insert your own noun here) you find on other forums. No childish games and what-not. I have learned a lot here, and I have shared some of my knowledge and experiences with other members as well. I would like to give a shout to MJMP, rnolan, Systematic Chaos, rabidgerry, Dante  :wave: and all else who have help me along the way.  :bow: You guys ROCK!
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rickeb1

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

+1 as well!  This is one of the few forums that genuinely feels like a true community, and I'm very grateful to have found it and been able to interact with many of you.  I don't post a lot as I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as others here, but whenever I've had a question or a problem, so many of you have always jumped in to help me out.  I am sure I would have ditched my ADA gear long ago if not for all of the helpful folks here, so thanks to all!

~Rick

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Agreed, good forum.  I have been on others too, and this is one I did not think would be as good as it has been.  It is the main one for me.  Although I confess to being on guitarnutz2 because I feel the stuff I talk about there is less in common with ADA as it's general guitar mods and stuff.  Although I do post some of that stuff on here too.  In fact I have been wondering do I post an issues I have finding a replacement locking nut for a guitar on here or nut?  I feel I talk about less ADA shit and more general guitar stuff on here sometimes!

Anyways the feeling with people on this forum is definitely different.  I think it's more like friends almost?  Without sounding ridiculous.

Thankyou to everyone who has ever offerred me advice or helped me in some way or just been there to discuss something that is on my my mind, appreciate it.

El I saw you on the thegearpage before!!  I think it was before you had ADA shit as you were asking about buying Boss MFX I think and a few other units.  No mention of ADA MP1 lol
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Rg,i don't see why you can't post guitar related stuff here,i think there are enough subdivisions here to ask non ADA related stuff.We can all learn from this.

El Chiguete

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Agreed, good forum.  I have been on others too, and this is one I did not think would be as good as it has been.  It is the main one for me.  Although I confess to being on guitarnutz2 because I feel the stuff I talk about there is less in common with ADA as it's general guitar mods and stuff.  Although I do post some of that stuff on here too.  In fact I have been wondering do I post an issues I have finding a replacement locking nut for a guitar on here or nut?  I feel I talk about less ADA shit and more general guitar stuff on here sometimes!

Go ahead and bring any subject you want to talk about in the different folders available for other gear, in the end we all just want to get our gear nerdiness out there lol

El I saw you on the thegearpage before!!  I think it was before you had ADA shit as you were asking about buying Boss MFX I think and a few other units.  No mention of ADA MP1 lol

Well yeha I was there for a while, not sure what exactly you are talking about but I think probably I wanted to find good multifx unit to combine with my MP-1 and not to do amp simulations.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, as El said, post whatever is on your mind. There's the guitar section which I can add some child board to if anyone wants to break it down further.
I agree, it's a nice community where I've made many friends (some I hope to meet in person at some point), learned allot, bought too much gear  :facepalm: (is that possible LoL).

At some point we need to pay for the hosting (Dante has been covering this IIRC around $115 USD per year) and the domain name, I think Dante said he could get that for around $20 USD. So when it comes up we'll pass the hat around, it won't take many of us to come up with what we need. I know MJMP, SC and myself are all going to throw in a few $s.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

$115?

I can certainly contribute, not fair one guy takin the hit, count me in when the time comes.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

$115?

I can certainly contribute, not fair one guy takin the hit, count me in when the time comes.

Me too :thumb-up:

Maybe we should setup a donate button or something?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Yeah good idea.  if $115 is the total for the year we could have that paid in a few days surely?

That's pretty good value actually to host a forum like this.  Then I know nothing about that stuff.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

We talked (PM) about a donate button, not a bad idea but we/I didn't want the forum to have anything with $s attached so as not attract the bad side, $s' attract bad guys. In the end we can just do a fund raiser once a year and keep it in house (well that's the plan currently).

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Sounds like a plan R  :thumb-up:

So how do you want to raise the funds ?Where can we donate?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

The easiest I think would be to paypal Dante as he pays the bills.
Hey Dante, did you take over the domain name ? And what are your thoughts my friend ? You could put a paypal donate button on the home page ?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up