ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: New rack complete!  (Read 58622 times)

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
Re: New rack complete!
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Do you mean eliminate (get rid of)  or illuminate (shine a light on) (seems the pesky "e" is the problem for the spell checker LoL).
Here's a couple of suggestions for the (is it 3 now ?) spare RUs. A MP-2 (with Mullard LPs  :thumb-up: ), apart from the wonderful tones you'll get you can also use the cab sims for your MP-1 (just plug MP-1  in to the MP-2 Fx returns) for recording/Direct to PA etc. This way you also pick up the MP-2 room eq (quite handy) and stereo master vol via a midi expression pedal (I use the ADA MXC pedal pack).
I'd go a 1 or 2 RU rack line mixer (needs at least 1 stereo Fx send, use for QV GT paralleled mix in).
If you wanted to go with a rack tuner, my pick (and the only one I'd consider) is the Peterson (1 RU, but they are expensive), however, strobe tuning is sooo much better than the digital tuners (which all have dead zones). I've stopped using digital tuners, I use a Peterson Strobo clip, best $75 I've ever spent.
If you wanted a very light poweramp which will probably sound better than the boogie  :dunno: the Carvin DCM200L sounds great, 1 RU, quiet, new and can also be used to run passive studio monitors...

You're killing a dead man, do you know this Rich?  :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Man in the 8 hours since I last posted I pulled the trigger on a mint condition Alesis Quadraverb!!!!!  :headbanger: Pics coming unless you don't want  ;D

Hey Dan, are you going to connect MP-1 straight to Quadraverb in stereo config or will you use a Line Mixer?
It is not so easy to find a line mixer with stereo inputs and full stereo FX loops, it seems....  :facepalm:
On the run again!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Man in the 8 hours since I last posted I pulled the trigger on a mint condition Alesis Quadraverb!!!!!  :headbanger: Pics coming unless you don't want  ;D

Hey Dan, are you going to connect MP-1 straight to Quadraverb in stereo config or will you use a Line Mixer?
It is not so easy to find a line mixer with stereo inputs and full stereo FX loops, it seems....  :facepalm:

Well I think I'm going to run it straight in line after the MP-1 then into the Mesa 2:50. I really don't think I want to add anything else to my rack and just keep it simple. So yeah Iperfungus I'll run my MP-1 stereo out into the Boogie!  :banana:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Iperfungus

« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Well I think I'm going to run it straight in line after the MP-1 then into the Mesa 2:50. I really don't think I want to add anything else to my rack and just keep it simple. So yeah Iperfungus I'll run my MP-1 stereo out into the Boogie!  :banana:

:thumb-up:

Same way I will run my MP-1: stereo into GMaj and then stereo in the B200s!  :metal:
On the run again!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

OK All Done Guys - RACK IS FINISHED!!!!!  :banana:

I haven't been on much in the last week because I have been finishing my rack! I want to thank all of you for the great suggestions for FX units and as you can see I chose the Alesis Quadraverb GT!  :headbanger:

This unit is as I remember it 25 years ago; VERY transparent, incredible noisegate and great 11 band EQ!!!
 And the best part is I got it in MINT condition for $88.00 through Guitar Center!!!!!!! ( Side note, yes I have bought two - the other one will be here tomorrow  ;D )
 Now I didn't want to dedicate an entire rack space for a Furman but went with a custom power strip a friend made for me. Looks like a regular strip but it has some extra bells and whistles and the main thing it's over rated powerwise to handle a lightning bolt from Mount Olympus  :banana-trip:

In other news - MJMP and I have been in contact and just today I shipped him my first of a few MP-1s for servicing!  :bow:
Not having anything custom done but rather turning these poor condition units into reliable work horses.  :thumb-up:

Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

I'd say you did very well - that is a killer rig. I had a QV GT for a while, and a regular QV for a VEEEERRRY long time. Man, that unit took some abuse and kept on working.

Your amp has got to sound fantastic with the MP-1

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

I'd say you did very well - that is a killer rig. I had a QV GT for a while, and a regular QV for a VEEEERRRY long time. Man, that unit took some abuse and kept on working.

Your amp has got to sound fantastic with the MP-1

Yeah it's a huge sound Dante yet very quiet. I tuned my rig at 110 dB yesterday at 12 feet - I know crazy loud but I love it that way  :headbanger:

And it is very crunchy and articulate so I couldn't be happier  ;D :banana-upsidedown:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

...now that we got all the sights...time for some sounds!!! ;-)))

Iperfungus

« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Veeeeeeeeeeery good job Dan!  :thumb-up:

Too bad you're not using the MP-1 in stereo config, but I want to try the Send solution as well...  :bow: :metal:

« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

...now that we got all the sights...time for some sounds!!! ;-)))

+1  :banana:
On the run again!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Veeeeeeeeeeery good job Dan!  :thumb-up:

Too bad you're not using the MP-1 in stereo config, but I want to try the Send solution as well...  :bow: :metal:

Yep I tried it that way for a short time and went back to the send. You would have to hear and feel it - LOUD!!  :o
 Through the send it seems to respond like a head and the signal is thicker and more direct for some reason. So now I leave it that way - but my rig is still stereo because of the Quadraverb and I have the delays set at 550 on the left and 625 on the right and it sounds HUGE!

And yes video clips will come in awhile; all the money went into guitar gear and no camera equipment  :lol: My little Flip camera broke and my cell phone camera doesn't look right but sounds just ok. So I will have to figure out making as video but I will!  ;D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Iperfungus

« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

What about QV GT Noise Gate? Is a smooth working gate?
Do you feel any improvement compared to the pedal noise gate in MP-1's loop?

Can you post your MP-1's settings and QV gate settings?
I would compare with my setup.

Currently I'm testing with a TC Sentry noise gate pedal between guitar and MP-1 and then the GMaj's noise gate after the MP-1.
Results are interesting...I can fine tune the gate action...complete SILENCE even with very high gain settings while not playing and 100% dynamics.
The Sentry is to be put in the pedalboard, but I've another small XVive noise gate that works pretty good...and I could keep it for this application...
I just have to try the noise gate in MP-1's loop and compare the two solutions.

About MP-1's send, there's the extra level control of the loop you can use to fine tune or boost output signal...maybe that's the plus!  ;)
I will try that this evening!  :thumb-up:

And there's also the stereo phones out...with its own eq and output level pot...with a Y signal splitter...

Definitely the MP-1 is a complete tricky unit, where you can easily find standard or no-standard solutions to match your taste or needings.
Its plenty of 100% usable features and if you find a 100% working unit you can have fun for a whole life.
I tested MIDI on mine and now I know it's 100% working fine...yes, I've been lucky!  :canadian-flag-banana-smiley-e

Good idea to send some of your MP-1s to MJMP for service!  :thumb-up:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

Go DjC  :whoohoo!: . up and working, now the fun begins  :thumb-up: .  I have some patching suggestions I'd like you to try and let me know your thoughts.
With your current rig - use both main outs (not Fx send) into QV, turn on MP-1 chorus, set rate = 0 and depth 100, and toggle chorus on/off to compare, let me know how that compares to your current setup.
Then repeat above but with your other best MP-1 (I'm trying to sus out if there is something not quite as good as it should be in the chorus > main out circuits).
Also with your cabs (maybe do this first ?) move them apart at least the width of one of the quad boxes (stops infinite baffle coupling across the 2 of them) and will (should) greatly enhance the stereo definition (and all round wow >:D factor).
The last may be a bit harder, use a small mixer with 2 Aux/Fx sends, plug MP-1 Fx send > ch1, MP-1 out A/B > ch 2/3, use Fx send 1/2 to QV, return Ch4/5 (or a stereo return ?), mixer main outs > Amp... and again play with the chorus trick above (just adds a nice short doubling (analogue) delay). To me this last one is the ultimate setup, you can adjust the mixer input channels to get the best blend of MP-1 (Fx out/main out) and Fx.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Iperfungus

« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

Go DjC  :whoohoo!: . up and working, now the fun begins  :thumb-up: .  I have some patching suggestions I'd like you to try and let me know your thoughts.
With your current rig - use both main outs (not Fx send) into QV, turn on MP-1 chorus, set rate = 0 and depth 100, and toggle chorus on/off to compare, let me know how that compares to your current setup.

Very interesting test...I will do it!  :lol:
On the run again!

MikeB

« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

Awesome. You've done a very neat and tidy job.  :whoohoo!:

My only issue is with the title of the thread. Is a rack ever truly "complete"?  Even with my limited experience, I have noticed that racks are never complete, they just go through periods of stability.  :facepalm:
I don't feel tardy!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up