ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Trusty MP-2  (Read 6598 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: My Trusty MP-2
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

I went through about an hour of songs yesterday, not a single volume jump. I even tried changing my voicing from #8 Vintage High Gain to #9 & #10 for a few songs - ZERO issues. In fact, it's damn quiet - even with single coils.

Now, I didn't turn up real loud, but I will bring the MP-2 to practice tonight just for fun & let you know how it goes (I have the Hughes & Kettner head at practice already, in case the MP-2 gives me any qrief)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, fantastic  :thumb-up: .  One aspect of taking out the EPROM is it does a more thorough boot sequence the first time after you put it back in.  So maybe it was the tubes and all is well  ::)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Whelp, no practice yesterday, but I did turn it up a bit an my MT-100 is acting up. Dammit.

Louder in one channel than the other, a good deal louder. Bridged mono appears fine. I want to say it was channel B that was quieter, but I didn't confirm which cab was plugged in where. I'll do that at next practice.

MT-100 power amps are one of my favorite sounding power amps, but they are delicate. I would look into another one, but since I don't use my rack gear live, I have no motivation to do it right away....maybe when a windfall drops in my lap

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Dante,

I've had that issue with all my MT-100s.

For whatever reason, they seem to toast the output transistor on one side. I was thinking maybe because I used them in bridged mode.
It sounds now, that it will do the same thing regardless how I run them.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, just to be sure (if you haven't checked already) swap the inputs over.  One of my MP-2s is going softer then louder on one channel, which made me think I had issues with the mixer channels or leads. 

But as you both say, MT100s seem to have issues  :facepalm: .  BTW what ever happened to the US model Microtube 200 I swapped with you for your US B200s years ago??  The B200s got a nice 240v toroidal tranny and is still going strong (when I spoke with it's owner the other day).

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Richard, I bought a minty MT-200 that had just been 'gone thru' and sold the one I got from you. In fact, I had 3 of them at one time, now I'm down to one.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, good to know  :wave:   Do you prefer the MT1100? or is is because speakers are 50w?  Or do MT100s sound better than MT200s?  Also, did you confirm both MP-2 channels are solid, or had you already established that? (only that one of my MP-2s is playing up on one channel  :facepalm: ) but then is just fades to a bit low, and periodically comes good again.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

The MT-200 is fine, both channels are good. The MT-100 is just my sentimental fave I guess, they don't sound any different to my ears than the MT-200...tones are in the preamps ;)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:00 AM »

You'll never guess what I've been bringing to practice lately......My MP-2. It's been fine (so far) and it sounds really incredible. It's the only thing that'll hold a candle to the Hughes & Kettner. The added EQ options are what's putting it over the top, I have those tones dialed. It sounds massive and clear.

It's been working so well, that I am going to tempt fate and bring it to my gig on Thursday. I will have my H&K head in the car - just in case

I'm going to run my 2x12 cab on one side of the stage and my two 1x12 cabs on the other side. It'll be like having two split stacks, sort of. Wish me luck. I'll get a pic once it's all set up

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #24 on: Today at 12:03 PM »

Dante,

If you need a loaner while you get your MP-2 reconditioned and fully reliable, I'll send you one of mine.

All you'll have to do is a sysex dump and you'll have all your presets right there. Just say the word.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up