ADA Preamps > MP-2

New MP-2, need some help!

(1/12) > >>

rickeb1:
As I posted in another thread, I just won an auction for an MP-2, and it arrived today.  I didn't have a lot of time, so I first ran through some of the presets that were already in the unit.  Nothing really grabbed me, so I thought I'd try rnolan's patches that he posted in the MP-2 patches section.  I programmed in his rhythm and lead patches, and they worked just fine.  Then I programmed his clean patch, but when I was done, I got absolutely no sound at all from unit, just dead silence.  Is there something I'm missing or that I need to do that would be obvious to an experienced MP-2 user?  Hopefully, I'm just missing a setting somewhere and it's not a problem with the unit!

Thanks!

~ Rick

El Chiguete:
Dont know about the MP-2 but on the MP-1 when you go from one voicing to the other the Master Volume goes down to 0 but the other gain settings stay as before, so check is that happends to you?

kawai2g4b:
I may not be a qualified repair tech but I suggest that you have a bad spot on the compressor circuitry.  Assuming all patch parameters are programmed correctly, the big difference would be that the clean patch has the compressor on.  I say this because my 2nd MP-2 has a bad component on the compressor.  I get ultra loud buzzing but your condition can just as easily happen.  Have you tried scrolling through all the factory presets to see if the same voicing (ie spanky clean) has the same problem?

rickeb1:
Wow, you guys are amazingly quick to help, thank you!

Yup, you hit the nail on the head.  I had just gone back to see what was different between the patches that worked and the clean patch that didn't, and I found that turning the compressor off gave me sound, while turning the compressor on resulted in silence.  As I was scrolling through the patches when I first plugged in the unit, I noticed some that were also silent, and some that just gave a loud, low-pitched buzz when I hit the strings.  I had planned on revisiting them later, but now I'm concerned that I have gotten a faulty unit.  :(  Is there a simple fix for the compressor issue (I expect there isn't)?

Thanks!

~ Rick

kawai2g4b:
Well as mine is going in for modding, I'll let you know.  In the meantime I just use it without the compressor.  I just use a Yamaha compressor pedal in front just in case I absolutely need it.  But in no way should it be restrictive to playing it while you wait to get it repaired.  Kind of funny how we have the EXACT same problem.  Yet sad at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version