ADA Preamps > MP-2

Power amps - the simulation v stage output

<< < (2/2)

jimnastic:
thanks guys, some very useful pointers (and looking back on your posts it looks like similar conversations have come up before, so apologies) and the additive/subtractive post is something I'll fiddle with for sure. I've somewhat neglected the 9 band eq option until I've got in the ball park.

Now i've got slightly closer on the guitar amp fx return, i think that's the path to pursue for "that" (and it's closer than ever) tone. Another local gig at the end of next week which I'll try the kitchen sink approach and go simulator out to PA cabs AND stage out for my unsuspecting audience. I like the idea of splitting and mixing the signal for extra fx options...

(To answer your questions below, the quad amp came out of a broadcast facility and doesn't have much in the way of ID other than it's a "240" and the Yamaha PA cabs are BR15 - it's pretty loud for SS and the 15" drivers don't get close to distortion)

Have a good day and thanks for keeping this beasty alive.

GuitarBuilder:
Another option might be to use a more advanced cab simulator that uses impulse responses (IRs).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version