ADA Preamps > MP-2

New (ish LOL) MP2

(1/3) > >>

rnolan:
So got my new (230v  >:D ) MP2 today (Thanks George  :thumb-up: ) :whoohoo!: , had to put an Oz power plug on it (fortuitously I had one hanging around), took off lid checked it out, all good, nice new Mullard LPs mmmm. System defaulted it and loaded fact presets (need to listen to them sometime) then programed in my main patches (doing program titles is tedious, but you only do it once LOL). So plugged in JPLP, same FX etc so like for like with my live MP2, sounds great, the tubes sound so new (bright), may be time for new tubes in the live MP2... Anyway the night is yet young (11:30pm here), time for another play  >:D

MarshallJMP:
Do you guys use the same plugs as in the UK,just wondering.

rnolan:
Similar in some ways (3 pin) but much less chunky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS/NZS_3112), I'll send you some for the MB1s/B500B.

rnolan:
Ok my new Mp2 has got a few more miles on it now (and about to get some more  :whoohoo!: ), tubes are still shiny/bright  >:D , clean sounds are great :thumb-up: as is my mid gain Warm Vintage mmm perfect, but high gain, lots of noise, more than my old original live MP2 (stock except for now Mullard LPs), lots of low end "mains style" buzz, fortuitously. these are not my go to patches right now, I'm winding back the distortion/gain but something seems wrong, having to set NR threshold to 80+ when my original MP2 with same patch I set to 25....mm something isn't right.

Systematic Chaos:
IIRC there was some workaround for that Noise Gate issue ("Noise Gate chatter").... I have some instructions and schematics along with parts to replace (including the Noise mod) on an ext HDD in my office...I´ll mail you the whole package on tuesday.
If this was my 2nd/spare MP-2 I´d go for all of the above maintenance including new Belton Micalex tube sockets....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version