Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Hello from Chicagoland

<< < (2/3) > >>

mjfan123:

--- Quote from: rnolan on June 25, 2018, 04:28:10 AM ---Hey mjfan123, welcome to the depot  :thumb-up: :wave: , (I'm plugging the line out into my audio interface and it's working great. I'll probably keep this thing until it burns out.)Fantastic to hear  :whoohoo!: and idea though, try using a stereo 1/4" jack out of the headphone out into your interface (careful with levels, the HP out is a very hot signal). If you are using full range speakers (ie not guitar cabs with 12" speakers) it will sound a little better as the HP out has the top end reduced a little (like a cab simulator does) as MP1 main outs are designed for poweramp > 2 x 12/4 x 12 cabs (it was always a stage unit).

--- End quote ---

I am listening through Yamaha HS5 monitors.

The HP out works well. Thanks for the tip rnolan. I probably wouldn't have tried this without your suggestion.

rnolan:
No worries  :thumb-up: , another approach (albeit cost $s) is to use a cab sim either after the MP1 (ideally a stereo cab sim like the new ADA GCS6 https://www.adaamps.com/Products/ada-GCS/GCS6.htm), or you can use a mono cab sim (eg ADA GCS3) in the MP1 Fx loop and then both outputs A/B are record friendly ready (with loop on/in).

mjfan123:
The headphone pot is scratchy(out put has static) for the first 25% after that it works fine.

Not an issue now, but would contact cleaner help?

I'm sure it will need to be replaced sometime, I'll try it but need to practice my soldering skills some more. :-*

rnolan:
Contact cleaner will help, even just give it a few spins (but clean and spin is better).  That pot doesn't get used much, just have to clean the crap (oxidation/carbon) off the tracks.  If that doesn't fix it, then a new pot is required (IIRC MJMP has the right ones available (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm).  It's a bit of a job though, IIRC you have to undo all the back panel connectors/jacks etc to disassemble.Easiest is take the lid off, give it a good spray with contact cleaner, clean anything else while you have the lid off (eg front vol pot, Fx loop pot, jacks)...  If you do go down the replacement route, it's probably worth replacing everything (as in jacks and pots) on the back panel as it all needs to be pulled apart anyway to do the HP pot.

MarshallJMP:
Using contact cleaner will fix it for the moment but it will come back after a while. Also be carefull what you spray in there, some "contact cleaners" can eat the inside of the pot. And don't use WD-40!!
I use kontakt WL, 60 ,tuner 600 and 61 depending for what it's for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version