ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay Karma Strikes Again!  (Read 6349 times)

kawai2g4b

Ebay Karma Strikes Again!
« on: Time Format »

So, I have been watching this ADA TFX4 footswitch on Ebay for some time, the same one that was listed for $149 for moooonths.  So, I decide to give the guy a best offer of $50, he declines.  I give him a slightly silly $74.50 offer (seeing as though a repacement switch costs $95 it may be reasonable) which is the same price he puts lists when he places it on "sale".  Once again, he declines.  Soooo, a week later, he finally takes the buy it now designation off and lists it as a normal auction with a $1 starting bid.  The auction ended yesterday and the winning bid was $41.  I did not bid on the auction because of this seller's ridiculous hold-out tactics for an item he has been trying to sell for a year, and it GLORIOUSLY backfired on him.  >:D

Congratulations to whoever was able to win the auction one the footswitch by the way.  Quite the rare find by itself.

Don't get me wrong; I understand everbody has a business to run but I have never heard of anyone trying to max out value on a FOOTSWITCH.  Bad gamble on his part.  Voodooman is getting my business now.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

Batsinthebelltower

Re: Ebay Karma Strikes Again!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

lol i bet he cancelled the auction rather than sell it  :lol:

BrokeDownSouth

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

In 2012, my buddy at work asked me to clone a Super Oscillo Fuzz for him and four dudes in some hardcore punkrock bands (they can't get them here in the U.S.).  He got me the schematic b/c I'd never heard of that pedal before and I built a prototype for them to pass around and give me the OK to go ahead with the build.  Later I decided to sell the prototype on eBay b/c I didn't have any use for it anymore.  I listed it for $75 and it sat for a couple weeks but it would get like 20 watchers so I didn't drop the price.  One day I got a message from another user asking me to list it 'Buy It Now' for $40 and they'd buy it.  I said no, due to the apparent level of interest in the pedal.  They guy replied, all pissed off, that I'd 'missed the chance to sell it' and 'he's no longer interested' and 'you're an idiot' etc.  I got a bid right after that and then the storm started, It ended up going for like $130.00.  Nice, 'In Your Face' moment for me.  :homer:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Go BDS, a win all round  :thumb-up: , almost got your money back ? (not, if you take into account the time you spent on it no doubt  ;) , although I'm sure you had fun making it...)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

BrokeDownSouth

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Go BDS, a win all round  :thumb-up: , almost got your money back ? (not, if you take into account the time you spent on it no doubt  ;) , although I'm sure you had fun making it...)

The cost of building a pedal from scratch is pretty negligible <$20, but you're right, there's a lot of time involved especially when working out a new desing.  Call it a labor of love.  Amps even more so, but I've only kept the amps I build for personal use.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

If we all had a $1 for every hour we'd spent being a musician/tech etc, we'd all be quite rich,,,financially anyway, but we are so much more enriched in many other ways, I share your passion BDS (as I'm sure many of us here do)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

So, I have been watching this ADA TFX4 footswitch

Why don't make one yourself,quite easy to do.

kawai2g4b

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

I may go that route.  I saw the schematic on your site, just need parts and more soldering practice.  $100 for a replacement switch is just crazy.  That and I can perfect the skill on my cheap lap steel carcass.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up