ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Back again !!  (Read 10061 times)

Batsinthebelltower

Back again !!
« on: Time Format »

Ahoy ADA shipmates !!  :thumb-up:

Deleted my Faceb**k , tired of trash memes and political pictures every day , so its back to the good ole depot for some real guitar talk ! Hope youre all keepin well  !   :wave:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Back again !!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome back.................... :amaze:

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Good thinking !!!!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

That leaves two people I know not on Faceb**k (my band page that I do not look after doesn't count!!)

Me and you hahahhaa

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Rusty

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Welcome aboard Batsinthebelltower, hope your well too.
I also got rid of that Faceb**k rubbish for the same reasons. What a load of crap!  :lol:

I guess that makes three RG!  :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I only got FB page coz the band had one and they wanted me to be an admin on it, I open it maybe once a year. I did mange to find some friends I'd lost track of, that's been it's only redeeming feature so far.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I only got FB page coz the band had one and they wanted me to be an admin on it, I open it maybe once a year. I did mange to find some friends I'd lost track of, that's been it's only redeeming feature so far.

Yeah I'm the same Richard only I am not the admin of the page.  It has worked wonders for the band and opened up communication to further afield a lot easier than what it was like without it I'm sure.  However sometimes people rely on it too much,, IE promoters forgetting how to make phone calls and do everything via Faceb**k rather than speaking directly to people when ever they really should do.

However it's still shite and for trendy people.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

We're coming to a time where if you're not on all the social media crap you get disenfranchised, as people expect that you are (oh I sent you a face book message, why didn't you get it... are you a Neanderthal or something ?).  I just started a new job and they supply me an iPhone, f$ck wanted to smash it after 10 mins, had to get my daughter to show me a few things to calm me down. Seems apple have gone for a 5th generation programming interface (each abstraction from machine code you loose granularity), where your choices are as dumbed down as they can make them. Anyway it's hooked up to everything corporate, took 2/3rds of a day to get it to work  :facepalm:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Welcome Back!!!

Good to see you bro. I'm pretty disenchanted with FB lately too. Sometimes, I see stuff I don't wanna see & it breaks my heart. Not enough good substance, just a bunch of link bait and people talking about themselves or ranting about their latest agenda. Bah!

Do I sound old? ha ha

Welcome back BatsInTheBellTower

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Few years ago during my dark period (I had been un employed for ages and was pretty poor and depressed)  I was getting chatting to some bird in the pub.  I was pretty certain I was gonna nail her which would have been good for my spirit at the time.  She asked for my Faceb**k (and not my phone number  :crazy:) and I said I don't have one.  She said "what?" and turned around and walked off!!

That made me even more set against the fuckers on social media.  Too many assholes find you on it as well and use it as a platform to talk about themselves in a very attention seeking sorta way.  As Dante said
[/Not enough good substance, just a bunch of link bait and people talking about themselves or ranting about their latest agenda. Bah!
quote]

That was a few years ago now, and I have to say I hear more and more people leaving it.  So perhaps the tides are turning!!

I still have to say having it for the band has worked well, but me personally I like the privacy!

iphone Richard!!!  Yeah I f**king hate phones as well!!  f**king phone mania!  Texting and phone calls is about my limit.  hahahahha god I love ranting about shit I hate!!  Typical Irish!!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Mmmmm so you got dumped because you didn't have Faceb**k? That's crazy.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

No not quite.

She basically was interested in me up until the point that I said I didn't have Faceb**k, then she pissed off because I think she thought I was strange because I had no Faceb**k. 

I wasn't going out, I only met her thatr night, but I was trying to ............ahem get in her knickers and she seemed up for it until I delivered "no Faceb**k" hahahahha  it is still crazy, what I f**king retard!!  Oh well that wa sa long time ago and she missed out some quality lovin  :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Yeah so she dumped you because you didn't have Faceb**k coz that meant your a wierdo (in her head) coz  "everyone got Faceb**k"... It's a worry, everyone is being defined by the "Internet of Things", walk around the streets, everyone is staring at a screen  :facepalm: :'( some even get run over... It's not good.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

she didn't dump me lol

I wasn't going out with her to begin to get dumped, I was how we say over here, "trying to pull her".  She was game up until the no Faceb**k thing which is the point.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Yeah so no Faceb**k, ..... no horizontal (or otherwise) folk dancing... don't worry I get the point, you would have been wasted on her LoL...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up