ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What FX Are You Using  (Read 32777 times)

RandallRG

Re: What FX Are You Using
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

Very cool info Kawai2g4b! Appreciate the info Dude. I have to say....I have had my Digitizer for a week or two & this unit is Killer! Some of the factory "Pre-Sets" in it sound great! There is alot of room to do some "Tweaking" & I have found some great sounding Delays Etc! Now with my Digitizer & my Morley "Bad Horsie 2 Wah" along with my "MP-1"...I am right back in my 80's M-E-T-A-L Dude....with ease! :metal:
« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

RandallRG

« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

Hey Dudes hows it going? Just a quick question..At the moment I am running my MP-1>ADA Digitizer4. I am getting a BBE 462 to try. Would the BEST way to run it be....my MP-1>BBE>D4? This is how I was going to try it? Thanks for any info!  :metal:

kawai2g4b

« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

Dude, I am glad you like it!  This unit was quite the surprise to me once I fired it up.  Were you able to find the DS-4 foot switch?  If you can get one cheap, I would go for it.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

RandallRG

« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

Dude, I am glad you like it!  This unit was quite the surprise to me once I fired it up.  Were you able to find the DS-4 foot switch?  If you can get one cheap, I would go for it.
Yeah Bud this unit is SAWEEEEEEET! (LOL!) It really has some Killer Sounds/Tones & Delays Etc! Like I said along with my Bad Horsie Wah & my "MP-1"....I am right back in my 80's M-E-T-A-L with ease!! I have not found a Foot Switch yet but they are available on E-Bay. I will get one soon but for right now I am just jamming in the House so all is good right @ my fingertips! Take it easy Dude! By the way....What's your name? Steve  :metal:

DrNewcenstein

« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

I've been using a Digitech TSR12 for fx and tone-shaping EQ for my MP-1 for over a decade, and I can't imagine life without either one  :thumb-up:

RandallRG

« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

Well my BBE 462 showed up & all I can say about it is that I like it....it sounds cool. Yeah some say it sounds kind of "Processed" Etc I already knew that it will add some "Highs"/"Treble" Etc to your sound (which it does) but if you don't go to crazy with the "Process" knob it's not to bad (If you do it will put you in "High Tinny" Heaven!) LOL! Keep the "Lo Contour" knob around the Noonish' area or so (or earlier) position & you will not get that "Muddy" sound. All in all the 462 does its job like it's suppose to. It adds some "Character" for sure!  :metal:

kawai2g4b

« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADA-Digitzer-4-Program-Selector-DS-4-Button-Footswitch-/121281301916?pt=US_Vintage_Pro_Audio_Equipment&hash=item1c3cedcd9c

Hey Steve...this is probably just what you need.  Price isn't too bad either.  By the way, the name is Mitch.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

RandallRG

« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADA-Digitzer-4-Program-Selector-DS-4-Button-Footswitch-/121281301916?pt=US_Vintage_Pro_Audio_Equipment&hash=item1c3cedcd9c

Hey Steve...this is probably just what you need.  Price isn't too bad either.  By the way, the name is Mitch.
Hey Mitch! Thanks man....I already checked out that ad! (LOL!)  :metal:

GonadiusPrime

• Everything I say is a lie
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

This guy uses a POD HD500 with the MP1.  Guitar > POD in > PODFX send > MP1 in > MP1FX send > PODFX ret > POD out > MP1FX ret > MP1 out.  Big mess on stage cable-wise, but mega versatile.
Everything I say is true

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

Interesting way of patching it, IMHO it would be easier just putting the pod in the MP1 loop.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Zsoli

« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

My rig:
Gibson SG Standard -> ADA MP-1 tube preamp -> H&K RedBok MKIII cabinet simulator -> BOSS SE-50 effects -> PC

:)
http://www.riffworld.com/Members/zsoli/emrocktude

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

Hey Zsoli, nice  :thumb-up: , a suggestion, I'd try running the cab sim in the MP1's loop (although you may ? have to use a XLR female to TR 1/4" jack lead for the loop return) and then stereo (i.e. MP1 outs A/B > SE-50 ins L/R, SE-50 outs L/R > PC line ins L/R) into the SE-50, will give you the MP1 in stereo, not mention the Mp1's stereo chorus.

d1469d

« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

Rocktron Replifex. These are good and quit.

GonadiusPrime

• Everything I say is a lie
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

Interesting way of patching it, IMHO it would be easier just putting the pod in the MP1 loop.
I line it up that way to get pre and post MP1 effects.  Comp, dist, wah, pitch, and gates in front...mods, delays, verbs, and more gates in the rear.
Everything I say is true

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

I get where you're coming from, watch out for you're gain structure though...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up